~(Chapter 13)~

~(Chapter 13)~

Tails ran through the crowded streets of the kingdom. They bumped into many townsfolk.

??: Are you alright? I'm sorry for bumping into you.

The voice was deep but dorky, and had a gentle tone to it. Tails looked up from the road where they had fallen. It was a red echidna, with a brown hat and an alley pin clipped to it. He wore a dull green vest with a white shirt, beige jeans, and hiking boots. His purple eyes stared into Tails' eyes.

Tails: It's fine, it was my fault.

??: My name is Knuckles.

Knuckles extended his hand out for Tails to grab.

Tails: My name's Miles, you can call me Tails.

Tails grabbed his hand and Knuckles pulled him up.

Knuckles: You seem pretty young to be out running through the streets like that. Where you headed, kid?

Tails: To the castle.

?: The castle? What business do you have there?

A white bat spoke up. She had obviously been listening. She held a red furred bat with white wings. He looked to be a young kid.

Knuckles: Ah, Tails, meet my wife, Rouge. She's a little paranoid. And that's our son, Kai. This is Tails.

Rouge: I am not paranoid.

She stated matter-of-factly.

Rouge: It is a pleasure to meet you though, Tails. Kai, say hi.

Kai: Hello!

Tails: You have a very cute son. How old is he?

Rouge: How about you tell this lovely person how old you are, hm?

Kai: I'm 7!

Rouge: And still being carried around by your mother.

Tails chuckled.

Tails: Anyway, to answer your previous question, I was called there on urgent matters.

Knuckles: Such as?

Tails: Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to disclose that information.

Rouge: Well kiddo, if you ever need anything, make sure to stop by.

Tails: Will do ma'am.

Knuckles: I'm sure the matters are very urgent if you can't tell us, so hurry on your way.

Tails: I hope to see you later.

Tails sprinted off through the streets as the others waved to them. A few minutes passed, and Tails made their way to the gates of the castle.

Guard #1: What are you doing here, kid?

Tails: I got a message to come quickly from Princess Amy.

Guard #2: Proof?

The gate opened from the inside.

Amy: Tails. Come quickly. Now.

The guards stepped aside as Tails ran in quickly following Amy. They talked as they walked.

Tails: So what's the matter?

Amy: Sonic has gone crazy.

Tails: What kind of crazy?

Amy: See for yourself.

Amy pulled the lever to open the dungeon gate. Manic and Sonia were waiting there, in front of one of the cells. Amy and Tails walked down to the cell.

Tails: Why is he in a cell?

No one answered. Tails looked into the cage. It was dark, but from the tiny lights, they could see scratch marks covering the walls.

Tails: Sonic?

A huge beast lunged out at the cell bars. It scared Tails, and they stepped back quickly.

Tails: WHAT IS THAT?

The beast was huge, and had dull blue fur. Its emerald eyes pierced the darkness of the holding chamber. Sharp teeth came from a ferocious snarl.

Manic: That's Sonic.