chalter 9

A couple of weeks later JJ got a call from an unknown number (November 27)
"Jareau." She said answering it.
"Agent Jareau lovely to hear your voice again." The woman said.
"May I ask who's calling?" JJ said as emily rolled over waking up and looking at her.
"Kandy." The woman said. JJ's heart stopped.
"K- Kandy? What can I help you with?" JJ asked, emily caught on her eyes getting big.
"Im married now, rich man. I'm hoping you still have my daughter?" The woman said.
"We have our daughter. You gave up your parental rights, we've adopted her and she is legally ours Kandy." JJ stated.
"Oh." The woman scoffed. "Great, my daughters being raised by a dyke and a confused woman just perfect!"
"Kandy," JJ began.
"No! She's my daughter! I want her back!" She yelled sounding like a toddler.
"That is not how it works, you can't decide when you want your child." JJ said.
"No I do, Thomas get away from me!" She yelled at someone in the back. "Thomas don't hit-" there was a loud noise almost like a fist hitting a face. "Thomas back off."
"I," JJ began. She put the phone to her chest, "em, she's being abused."
"I'll have pen track the call." Emily stated getting Penelope on the phone.
"I will kill you, you fucking bitch. I don't want your whore child!" The man yelled at Kandy. "You aren't getting away this time, bitch!"
gunshot
"Well, look where your fucking mouth got you know." He said "dead." He then shot another one and the phone hit the ground.
"Pen is sending the police to the address right now!" Emily said.
"Oh my god. Did that just happen? What the hell!" JJ said. "I need Dottie."
"She's asleep." Emily reminded JJ.
"I know." JJ said cuddling up next to emily.
"How bout as soon as she wakes up we have some breakfast and then go hang with Penelope and Derek, maybe we can get the whole team over to Rossi's for a game night? Dottie included." Emily said playing with JJ's hair.
"Sounds wonderful, Em. Thank you." JJ said rolling over and kissing emily's nose.
"Always." She smiled. "Christmas is three weeks away, you think dotties excited?"
"Who knows." JJ laughed. "She's old enough to open presents now and stuff, I do think next year will be more fun though." After a few moments of silence JJ asked "What do you think about next year maybe having two munchkins to spoil and do the Christmas thing with?"
"I think I could be persuaded into having that happen. Should we start practicing Jayje?" Emily suggested.
"Oh yes. Because I'd love to knock you up." She laughed.