here we go

I make it to the park at 4:06. Jordan, isn't even there. I sigh and sit down in the grass. Mentally, I curse myself, I should've known he would do this. I can't help but feel so stupid. I sit on a rock for what seems like forever. As I start to get off the ground, I hear the sound of footsteps but I don't look back.
"Shit! Lottie, come back!" he says. "I'm sorry I was late, there is just a lot going on but please just hear me out." His voice is desperate and full of heart. I can't help but turn around but, I don't move. We stare at each other for a brief moment. Jordan starts to walk towards me but I take a step back and begin talking.
"Did you need something?" I rudely ask.
"Yes." he states and I see a few silent tears roll down his face. I don't let his tears phase me on the outside, but on the inside it kills me, and I shoot him a look that says that I'm still waiting on an answer. He notices this, sighs, and starts again. "Yes, I need you." Jordan takes a step towards me. "Charlotte, I need you." At this point, he starts crying and I can't help myself. I run to him and embrace him in a hug. We stand there and eventually I lead him to the merry-go-round.
"What's wrong?" I genuinely ask him.
"Nothing, I'm fine." Jordan replies.
"Stop! I know you are lying, I know you better than you think I do." I sigh. Believe it or not, but I actually hate seeing him hurting like this.
"It's just...my grandma. She's been diagnosed with brain cancer and only has six months to live." At this point, Jordan is sobbing into my shoulders and the only thing I can do is hold him, and let him cry.
"Shh.." I begin, rubbing circles on his back. "It'll be okay. Your grandma is an amazing woman. She is strong, determined, and a survivor. She will get through this." He raises his head off my shoulder and I wipe use my thumb to wipe the tears off his face. "But hey, listen to me. She is going to need your help though. You have to be strong for her. Okay?" He nods and I can't help but hug him.
"Thank you." Jordan mutters.
"Don't thank me. Now come on, let's go back to my house, it's closer than yours and it looks like it might rain." I offer my hand in his and he accepts. We stand up and start walking.
I feel Jordan tighten his grip on my hand, in a loving way, and I look at him. Jordan looks at me, bites his lip and looks back at the ground. "God, I'm so stupid," he mutters. "I can't believe I let her go." I look at him but he's just looking at the ground again, having an internal fight with himself. "How do I tell her that I love her so much and that I think she's the one." I don't think I was supposed to hear that last part so, I quickly look to the ground. We walk in silence for a few minutes until he finally speaks. "Charlotte.." He says. "I...I've missed you. I've missed you so much."
"I'm missed you too, Jordan." I tell him. "Welcome back." I say and open the door to my house.