do you have a love interest?

setting : life after nevermore.

tw: murder, blood/gore.

-

WEDNESDAY.

i was with pugsley down at the weathervane. the weathervane was a traumatizing place for me, as the place reminded me of tyler, the hyde, but pugsley insisted on drinking here. he enjoyed their drinks. i guess, its fine as long as hes okay with it.

im enjoying my current labor right now. after nevermore, i have decided to become a forensic pathologist. it is a very enjoyable and fascinating job, so far. i was thinking i could be a mortician instead. though, my parents told me i would do great in anything.

weathervane was a bit quiet today, until those lovebirds from my alma mater entered, making a fuss about their stupid relationship. i rolled my eyes at them and continues reading through the newspapers. jericho has been quiet lately.

pugsley looked at me and then pointed at those lovebirds. "theyre noisy." he commented.

"yeah, they are. i'd cut off their heads if it werent illegal." i coldly replied and pugsley chuckled.

"dont make jokes, it doesnt suit you. you'd cut their heads off even if it were illegal." i shook my head and rolled my eyes at him.

"besides, why so bitter? you never felt in love before?" he asked. i didnt answer. this was an excruciating question. "do you have a love interest?" he asked once again.

i sipped on my coffee. it was bitter. this stupid coffee is bitter, love is bitter, everything is fucking bitter. i cursed inside my head and i sighed. "used to, pugsley. used to." i told him.

"you used to?!"

"stop asking me dumb questions, its agonizing." i demanded him and gave him a look.

"was it the wolf guy?" he asked.

"no, he was just a phase." i replied.

i hate everything about him. he was such a fake asshole. i was such a fool to think that he was truly in love with me. instead, he was so submissive to my half-witted, moronic, blockhead teacher. i almost thought he was in love with her. maybe he was, but i dont really care.

"girl. it was the wolf girl, pugsley." i corrected pugsley. "in fact, im still in love with this stupid girl." i sighed.

"really?"

"do you want to see her?" i asked.

"yes, of course! who knew you some kind of girl would soften you up!" he joked.

yeah. who knew?

later, when he was done drinking, he had forced me to drink my coffee in one gulp. oh, i hated him. he was too excited to meet my love interest.

he pulled me to the car and we both drove off.

he was surprised as i was taking him somewhere unfamiliar. "where are we going?" he asked worriedly.

"you'll see." i replied and sighed once again.

why am i torturing myself?

-

"hello, my love." i smiled. i looked at pugsley with his eyes widened. i was holding a bouquet of flowers, the one she liked, and placed it on top of her tombstone.

In Loving Memory Of

ENID SINCLAIR

"enid, this is pugsley. guess you havent met my brother." i spoke to her gravestone and looked at pugsley. he was in shock. he didnt know what to say. he stepped closer and smiled.

"h-hello, enid. im pugsley. its nice to meet you." he stuttered.

the place silenced and it was a very long pause. nobody talked. we could just hear the leaves rustling because of the wind. i sighed. i wish enid met my brother. there was no time.

"i.. visit her when i have time, and when im going through something. shes my comfort." i smiled. pugsley looked at me and nodded.

"im sorry, wednesday."

"dont apologize." i told him and he hugged me from the side. before i knew it, tears started to form inside my eyes and i couldnt help it.

i know tears doesnt change anything. i know tears wont resurrect her back. if it did, enid would come back from the dead, a hundred times.

"enid.. she.. she saved me from death." i explained. "if it werent for her, i would be dead right now." i sniffed. the tears fell off my cheeks and my brother hugged me tighter.

"that night, tyler attacked me in his werewolf form. enid wolfed out and attacked him back. he was stronger. i witnessed the love of my life getting murdered by him. it was all my fault." i sobbed. "her parents blame me for her death. they're very much right. i am the cause of her death."

"wednesday, its not your fault. its tyler's." pugsley comforted. i continued to sob and and hugged him back. i put my head on his.

"mhm. thats why on that very night," i said. he looked up to me.

"i slit his throat." he widened his eyes in horror.

the day i killed him, i was satisfied. i was smirking, holding that knife in victory. looking at the blood scattered on the floor, i was contented.

my crime. it wasnt regretful. it was revenge. i, wednesday addams, was the one behind his mysterious death.

-

fin.

plottwist?