on a scale of one to ten.

WEDNESDAY.

thing and i was trying out enid's nail polish. i was interested on how it would look if i had tried to paint the colors, black and white on my nails. of course, enid doesnt know. its quite embarasssing. she'd squeal and insist putting it on me.

"idiot, do it carefully." i demanded thing. he was painting it carelessly, that the color was already going out to my skin.

suddenly, the door burst open and both thing and i were startled. i immediately hid the nail polishes. enid was glaring at me suspiciously.

"what're you doing?" she asked curiously.

"nothing." i replied.

she peeked behind me and raised her eyebrow. "you seem to be hiding something from me." she said.

"am not." i denied quickly.

suddenly, i heard the nail polishes fall on the table. oh my god, thing must've pushed them accidentally. i turned behind me and i was correct. thing was the culprit. 'sorry.' he tapped on the table.

"are those my nail polish?" she asked and quickly walked over to me. i had no time to react when she stared at the table.

i sighed. okay, i had no excuse at all.

enid suddenly gave a big smile. "oh. em. gee. you're using nail polish behind my back?! why didnt you tell me! i couldve helped you!"

"i wasnt. i was trying it out on thing."  i lied. it was the worst lie i have ever made, considering the fact that my nails were painted clearly with my signature colors.

"liar!" she pointed to my hands. i sighed again.

"fine, thing was helping me try it out." i rolled my eyes and i heard enid squeal in excitement. yep, i knew this would be her reaction.

"come on, lets paint your nails!" enid said and pulled me to her bed. she collectd her nail polish and i covered my face in shame.

i sat down on her bed and the next thing i knew, i was letting her hold my hand while she slowly colored my nails. "is this alright?" she asked. no, its embarassing, i swear.

"no." i honestly answered.

"oh come on, you'll like it, i promise!" she whined. i only shook my head and observed her.

she looked pretty busy. oh, let me rephrase that. she looked pretty and busy.

ive always thought my emotions and feelings were slowly spilling out because of this girl. whether it be, affection, compassion, embarassment, or even guilt.

and yeah, ive questioned my sexuality multiples times because of her. but, of course, she doesnt have to know.

shes a great person. i dont know why, but i think i might be falling in love with h-

"wednesday? you're blanking out. i asked if you wanted a different color." my train of thoughts crashed when i heard enid calling my name out.

"like what? pink? over my dead body." i rolled my eyes.

"alright, then. your nails are almost done!" she said. "i cant believe im actually doing wednesday addams's nails! not gonna lie, but i never thought this day would come!"

"it was curiosity, enid, i swear." i explained.

"no, no, you dont need to explain! i get it.", she laughed.

"no, really, its not like that." i told her.

she only laughed.

a few minutes later, there was an utter silence. she was too focused on my nails, while i was too focused on her.

"aaaand, you're done! take a look!" she said and i looked down on my hands. it was black mixed with white. wow. i actually liked this style.

"do you like it?"

"its.. gorgeous." i told her honestly and she smiled and layed on her back, after returning the nail polish back to where it belonged.

the next few moments was awkward. no one spoke, and enid was on her phone. i was still on her bed, trying to figure out what to say. i was sat down, hands on top of my lap, and was thinking deeply.

i wanted to confront her about something. i wanted to ask if she and ajax were a thing.

its not that i care.

its just that, ive been seeing her with ajax for the past few days, hugging and patting each others head like theyre some sort of lovebirds. its kind of irritating.

"what are you thinking about?" she asked me genuinely and i shook my head.

"nothing." i replied back.

"you're lying." she said and sat up, putting her device on the nightstand. i breathed, hard.

was i even ready to confront her about this?

"enid, i just.. wanted to ask if you and ajax are dating? i guess thats what teenagers call it. 'dating'. its a stupid word." i quickly blurted out the words. she didnt reply and looked at me with her head slightly tilted.

"why does it concern you?" she asked and chuckled.

"it does not."

"it sure sounds like it." she smirked.

"im just looking out for you-"

"do you like me, wednesday?" she suddenly asked. my heart was pounding. it was the first time i was breathing so hard. my cheeks were burning up, unable to answer her question. "i think i might know the answer to that." she said and smiled. i didnt know i was blushing too hard.

"no." i denied.

"you're flustered." she laughed.

"i am not."

"seriously, do you like me or not?" she asked.

i hesitated to answer. it took me about a minute to talk. i nodded slowly.  "maybe i do."

"i like you too, silly." she smiled. i blushed again. oh my god, i wanted to kill a cow in embarassment. we were staring at each other, and i was stopping myself from smiling. "ajax and i arent a thing. i like women. i like you." she said.

"out of all people, enid. you're the one who stood out for me." i said genuinely.

she crawled closer to me until our noses were almost touching.

"on a scale of one to ten.." she suddenly blurted out. "how mad would you be if i kissed you on the lips?" she asked while smirking.

my heart felt like it was about to burst. goddamn you, sinclair. stop making me feel this way. entering my heart, without permission.

"ten." i sarcastically said.

"is that your way of giving me consent?" she asked.

"absolutely." i couldnt help it and smiled.

as soon as i said those words, i felt enid's lips capturing mine.

-

fin.