Chapter 3

𝐁𝐞𝐨𝐦𝐠𝐲𝐮

Soobin, Kai and Taehyun had gone for some works regarding the album. Yeonjun didn't come out from his room since like a month and a week. I hurt him. He wouldn't be like this if i just said something more.

I knocked at his door but he didn't answered so i just opened the room. His room was covered in shadows and he was lost in that. I noticed, not only the room was covered in shadows but also flowers.

Yeonjun is not on his bed. I looked over and saw him laying on the floor on the bed of white blood shot flowers.

"Yeonjun!" I sat down and took his head in my lap. "Yeonjun! What happened?! Open your eyes!" I said.

"Beomgyu..?"

"Yes, I'm here! What's all this? What happened to you?"

He immediately stood and hugged me and I flinched by his sudden behaviour.

"Please don't leave me. I'll never make you sad now. J-just don't leave me." He said and i felt something wet on my shoulders. He is crying?

My hands wrapped him. God, what have I done? I should have told him something but instead i avoided him, i left him and i made him like this. I feel warm tears running through my eyes.

"I'll never leave you, stupid." I hugged him more tightly. "Yeonjun?" I asked but no reply.

"Yeonjun! Open your eyes!" No. No. No! This can't be happening! I dialed the emergency number.

"How is he now, doctor?" I asked as doctor came out from the hospital room. But the expression on his face was more panicing me.

"We don't even know Mr. Choi." Doctor finally spoke and it made my blood boil.

"What do you mean you don't know? You are the doctor!" I can't control myself now.

"Calm down Mr. Choi. Wait look at this." He gave an envelope. And i opened it and saw the X-ray Vision of Yeonjun's body as he said.

"What the ...."

What are these flowers doing there now? Wait a damn sec

What are these flowers doing there now? Wait a damn sec... These flowers were also in his room. Does that mean..

Those flowers came from his rib cage?

"We don't know what kind of disease is this. Growing lillies in rib cage is something else." Doctor said. I couldn't say anything because i still don't believe anything.

"I'm giving some painkillers and for blood loss, feed him some fruit juice since loss was not entense." He said and left.

Lily?

We came back to the dorm, Yeonjun is still unconscious because of the medicines. I took him to my room instead of his.

It was like the darkness in his room was waiting for him, To take Yeonjun with them. Away from us. Away from this world.

He was on my bed and i searched up about the situation. It says the disease is called Hanahaki. But why doesn't the doctor knows it? I scrolled down and saw

It's fictional. These types of disease doesn't really exist. But i just saw flowers in his rib cage. The bloody tissues in his room. His pain.

I stayed up the whole night researching for this Hanahaki and it's causes. I finally got up the table and saw its already 5 am. But Yeonjun didn't even changed his position. It was hard to describe if he is sleeping or..

No! No No!

I rushed to him and checked his pulse and breathing, thank god everything is alright. I am just about to have a heart attack.

My gaze stayed to his sleeping face. His heavenly beautiful face. His eyes, those were swollen by God knows how much sheding the tears.

I made those tears in his eyes, i made him like this.

He started waking up and saw my face. Yeonjun stood up, alarmed. Like he didn't wanted me to see him. Did I make him that upset?

"I gotta go-" he was about to leave but i pulled him towards me, embracing him. The room got lost into the silence that even i could hear our heartbeats.

I let go off him and looked at his eyes, then lips. And the next i recognise that lips were on mine. And i did it.

Just like he said some years ago, time didn't stopped nor the wind fasten. All i could sense was, him. His soft plump lips. They could be this soft, i didn't expected.

It was like we exchanged our sorrow, rage and love to eachother by the portal of lips of our bodies. Then i pulled back. And saw the confused and crimson face of his.

"I ran away because i needed some time to think, to process what just happened there." I lied. I lied. I lied. I f*cking lied!

"I just didn't mean to cause you pain or trouble, yeonjun. You are special to me and will always be." This is true, i never wanted yeonjun to be in pain. He is very precious to me. That precious that i can even lie so that he can live.

I don't know how to love him the way he wanted me to. How can I? I've always seen his as my best friend. But i can also see him as he wants me to. Right?

But why can't I do that? Just why? Is loving someone is that hard? The warm liquid ran through my face but still smiled a sorrowful yet lovable smile. And he wiped the crystal like tears off my face with his thumb.

God, why does it hurt so much?