Chapter 78 - The Art of Losing It

A/N: The holidays have been keeping me busy but I hope this will hold you guys over for a little while before I can return with another chapter. Much love to everyone!!! I'll be back before the new year :)

---

"I see," stated Mo Yuan. "So that's what happened."

The Star Lord had just informed him why the Dihou of Tai Chen Palace was running around in her fox form causing merry mayhem instead of recuperating in bed.

Earlier, her friends had admitted to Si Ming and Zhong Lin that they felt bad she was just having to sit in bed all day. She was weak and could barely move and so they thought if they helped her change into her fox form, she'd be able to run around and play.

Mo Yuan shook his head and sighed. While her friends had good intentions, they had unknowingly disrupted her healing process by doing this. She had been severely injured by the poison and it would take time for her to regain her immortal cultivation through rest and meditation. While uncomfortable, she needed to slow down to gradually regain her strength. Herbs and medicine would help to ease the transitions.

Their impatience for her to bypass a long but necessary process, while well-meaning, would have consequences.

This was when the Star Lord unwrapped the small bundle in the handkerchief.

"What is that?" asked Mo Yuan as he visually studied the small dried brown nugget about the size of Si Ming's thumb.

The Star Lord held it delicately in his palm as it laid nestled in the silk white handkerchief.

Si Ming internally sighed. He had figured that the God of War would not initially recognize it for what it was.

Because waste matter was one out of many different physical manifestations of disrupted cultivation and health imbalances for immortals, except in the King of Medicine's infirmary, it was rarely seen or talked about. While it was not uncommon to happen to very young immortals, as strong energies were still solidifying within, that phase passed quickly and it was poor etiquette to even mention it.

Si Ming surmised that for someone as old and powerful as the God of War, he might have never seen something like that before.

"This is ... this is ..."

Si Ming did not know how to speak of such a delicate matter. It was one thing to speak about the Snow Lion and his penchant for relieving himself but this was the Empress of Tai Chen Palace.

"This is Her Majesty's ... this is ... this is hers." Si Ming pointedly looked at what he was holding and then at the God of War.

Mo Yuan stared at it and then stared blankly at the the Star Lord. The illumination of insight slowly filled his consciousness before it was soon replaced by the sinking weight of dread.

"This is ... her ... creation?"

Si Ming nodded gravely. "It appears to be. Her friends found this in her and Dijun's room earlier, under the bed. Before anyone could guess what it was I hastily ..."

Si Ming hesitantly looked over to the Snow Lion who had been listening in on the conversation.

"To protect Dihou's dignity, I said that it was ... it was his."

Mogu bared his teeth menacingly at he strutted over.

Si Ming took a nervous step back while Mo Yuan stood his ground.

"Remain calm, you do not want to cause a disturbance with your master and mistress here."

The immortal beast could not help but feel the powerful aura from the quiet man. Mogu narrowed his eyes. He could feel the God of War extend his powerful aura to shield Si Ming.