Chapter 85 - The Past Never Leaves

A/N: If you haven't, I'd encourage you to read the last three chapters of Mogu's Musings. There are some bits of history in there that will add to this story.

Also, please vote for the chapters you enjoy. I would so very appreciate it. It's how I know you guys are reading and enjoying my work. It gives me some happy fuel to continue writing. But no worries, I will continue writing no matter what. I so enjoy writing this story and look forward to share what's to come! :)

---

After she carefully dropped the oblong nuggets onto the stone bed her mate had once carved out for a young Mogu, she then sat and swished her tail excitedly as she eagerly awaited for her mount to return with the roast ducks.

The little red fox was ready for the feast and chattered to herself in fox speak as she stared fondly at the offerings from the beautiful maid in red.

I wonder if Dijun made these himself. He's so busy nowadays. He probably just wants to surprise me so he has her deliver them. Hmm ... where is Mogu? I really want to eat these. The dates are so sticky and sweet it takes forever for my fox jaws to be able to chew them but that's what I also like about them. And the savory walnuts counter the sweetness just perfectly. Mmmm ... I want them now. Where's Mogu? When is he coming back with the roast ducks? I've trained so hard I need good sustenance.

She leaned down and sniffed at the walnut encrusted honeyed dates. Her nose and whiskers twitched in anticipation.

What if I just eat one right now? Mogu doesn't know how many she gave me.

---

Liu Jun sat at the marble table and stared at the little lumps before him. He then shot his glare up to the young Wind Deity happily humming away while concentrating hard on his creations.

The demon was feeling completely perplexed and conflicted.

"I told you I wanted to help her feel invincible. And you said you'd help me. Instead you have me massaging meat lumps."

Shen Wu started chuckling much to the demon's irritation. "Meat lumps? We're not doing that kind of massaging ..."

Liu Jun leaned closer in and furrowed his brow. "What kind of massaging are you talking about?"

Shen Wu again laughed but this time in a way that made Liu Jun feel small and incompetent. "Right ... like you don't know ..."

Liu Jun did not like being made a fool of. He was now bordering on being murderously enraged. "I ... don't know ... that's why I'm asking your wind-filled ass. So fart the truth out of that big mouth of yours," he growled out.

The demon's escalating agitation only made Shen Wu giggle even harder.

He briefly decided to abandon his current masterpiece and gave his full attention to the grimacing handsome face across the table from him.

"Massaging meat lumps?" Shen Wu asked with a suggestive tone. "Those kind of meat lumps? We're not doing that now ... but if that's what you're wanting to do ... I can reach under the table and grab ..."

Liu Jun's face slowly became heated and flushed. His face felt so warm that he wondered if his skin was heating the metal mask on half of his face.

Are my scars under the mask itching?  Is my face turning red? This goddamn Celestial always ... ugh ...

Liu Jun clenched his jaw. "Don't you dare try to touch my meat lumps ... massage them or whatever your perverted ass is planning, I'll tear your skinny little fingers off ... I've ripped a couple of fingers off in my day ..."