C.6. Seventh Hour

Check if you've read the previous update.

Written it while dozing.. unedited part.

_____________

"Hello", said Sana answering her phone while busy turning the pages of a file.

"Sana, where are you?", Came a voice from the other end.

She froze for a moment and then looked at the clock on the wall infront. It was 7:35pm and she was still at the office.

"Ohh damn!!", She sighs.

"What happened? Did you forget me?", Asked Sidharth. She was already annoyed at herself feeling guilty and his words acted like salt on the wound. She hadn't forgotten him, how could she even?

"Yes, I forgot. I forgot to inform you that I have a lot of work at office and that I won't be able to come.", She yelled.

"Sana.. relax! It's okay", Said Sidharth in a calm tone.

"No, it isn't. I know the pain behind waiting for someone and ultimately learning that.. that person you have been waiting for, has ditched you.", She screamed in guilt combined with frustration.

"Sana, I said I am fine. Will meet tomorrow. Okay?", He asked her still in composed tone though he was disheartened on not being able to see her today.

"No Sidharth, please I can't. I have too much of work commitments. Besides we don't have anything to talk about now and are more like a known strangers. Don't wait for me tomorrow cause I won't come. I will see you in Geeta's clinic straight away after a week.", Said Sana.

"Sana?", He said in a depressed tone. The phone went dead on the other end as she had already disconnected it.

She tried concentrating on the files after disconnecting but she just couldn't. She got up and went to the washroom and cried alone.

I have come to reconciliation with my heart after a lot of effort. His presence is slowly making me lose myself yet again. He is ardently giving 15 hours now on Geeta's prescription but what happens after that? If I invest my emotions into this relationship once more then I will not be able to gather myself again. If I fall again, I may not survive.

What about him?

He will learn to live, just the way I have. He will overcome just the way I did.

But are you living? Have you overcome? If you did, then why would you cry now?

Either way, I can't close my eyes and step back into a painful relationship which I am trying to get away from. I cant take the chance of risking again.

.
.
.

"Ms. Sana, we've got a client meeting today from 7pm. I know it's outside working hours but I want you to be present.", Said Deven.

"Okay, Sir.", Agreed Sana as she had anyways denied to meet Sidharth today.

While on their way to meeting the client, they entered the vicinity of the familiar restaurant. Leelas, the same restaurant where she had been coming to meet her husband since few days. It wasn't something unusual as business meetings at such lavish restaurants were common.

As they walked in, her eyes glanced staright at seat which they always took. Her eyes went wide open in shock to find Sidharth seated there already.

He was here, even after her denying to meet him. She just hoped that he didn't see her.

"Hello Mr. Ahuja, I am Lilly, Mr. Mittal's secretary. Mr. Mittal has been waiting for you over there.", Said Lilly.

Sana got yet another shock as the client her boss was talking about was none other than Sidharth. So, he wasn't here to meet her but her boss.