ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 34: ᴛᴀᴘᴇs

Aᴘʀɪʟ 2
8:00 ᴀ.ᴍ.

Differences. There's a difference between lying & keeping secrets. Lying is making up a false story to more then one or more person. This person would repeat this false story to others. Keeping secrets is holding back something deep, dark, & scary to yourself. But not all secrets are scary & dark. They could be fun, cryptic, atrocious, sensuous, & unbelievable. Lying on the other hand is neutral. It hurts more than keeping secrets. In some cases, it causes a lot of personal issues such as trust issues, insecurity, low self-esteem, & low priorities. For this specific case, it's trust issues. I'm having trouble with trusting people. After learning that Michael isn't my real father, the Jacksons aren't my real family, & reading files from the thumb drive. My mind has been on question mode. Everything is questionable now.

I turned my head towards the window. The sun rose up just in time, it's morning. I didn't go to Paisley Park last night instead I came back to the hotel. I don't want to face Prince right now. I have nothing to say to him. I'm still pissed about him shooting Clark nearly killing him. Besides I have a mission today, find those tapes. I reached over & grabbed the Powerpuff phone off the nightstand. I flipped it opened & text Mayte.

Me: u up?
Mayte: yeah, wassup?
Me: get ready, we're gonna find those tapes
Mayte: crystal won't be able to make it. Something about a family emergency
Me: I guess we have to do without her. Be ready at 9. I'll meet you in front of the burger joint
Mayte: right

I closed the phone & put it back on the nightstand. I looked over to my right to see Diamond still asleep. I slowly eased off the bed & walked towards the bathroom. I turned on the shower & stripped naked. Once the water got hot, I hopped in. I need to mentally & physically prepared myself for today. I have a plan to successfully get those tapes. (At least, I hope it's successfully.) This address Mayte found is unknown. I never heard of the address. It must be abandoned or it probably doesn't exist. I'm willing to take the risk. I believe those tapes exist. This is the main key to my investigation. But I don't understand the numbers, 10281982. Is it a code? Is the tapes in a safe? A vault? Maybe it belongs to an alarm system? These tapes have me very intrigued. I'm itching to know what's on it.

After washing myself clean, I stepped out the shower. I dried myself off & brushed my teeth. I walked out the bathroom with the towel wrapped around my naked body. Diamond was wide awake sitting on the edge of the bed, on her phone. She looked up from her phone & smiled.

"Morning, Princess. Breakfast is on the way." She said.

"Morning. Can you drop me off at the burger joint?"

"Burgers this early? That's very unhealthy, Princess."

"No, I'm meeting my friend there."

"Where are you & this friend heading off too?" She asked.

"To the boys & girls club." I lied.

"You don't have to keep going there. I can get you out of the club. You can hang with me & the girls."

"No, I like it there. Besides I don't know where they stay at so I can't go to there house."

"Alright, I'll dropped you off after breakfast."

I went to my Louis Vuitton bag & picked out my outfit for the day. I grabbed my hair brush & brushed my frizzy hair. My bangs have grown a inch, just below my eyebrows. I put my hair in a bun & pinned my bangs down. This is a basic look.

"Have you spoken to your father?" Diamond asked.

"No. I'm not in the mood to speak too him at the moment."