o n e ↣ center

┌───────────────────┐

└───────────────────┘

A L I C E

ALICE DUNLAP LOVED TO play soccer. She was on the team, before everything fell. And it just so happened that the rest of the kids were out in the cell block corridor, kicking an old soccer ball around, because it'd been raining all day. It was nearly torture for the girl to pass the ball back through the curtain of her cell, when one of the boys would accidentally send it rolling into her cell. She'd have to do so several times, considering how the size of the corridor was not fit for that of a soccer game.

The girl wanted so desperately to be out there, passing the ball back and forth with the boys. But one echoing chuckle from no one other than Carl Grimes had deterred her from acting upon her childish desires.

Alice did not take a liking to the boy and the feeling seemed to be mutual.

She'd found out that Carl wasn't allowed to handle his own gun after he'd killed a boy from Woodbury, in cold blood. After hearing whispers of that rumor circulate around the prison, she made sure to stay away from him. Alice and Elliot quickly figured out which boy was not there to be placed on the bus bound to the prison. She'd somewhat known of the boy before his death, thus giving her more of a reason to dislike Carl Grimes. Alice, despite not wanting to acknowledge it, knew that everyone had a past—that they'd most likely done things that they weren't very proud of. She knew that she most certainly did.

The true reason for her distaste for Carl, in reality, was that she felt that the boy was in the process of taking Patrick and Elliot away from her. It was silly, but the girl's loneliness begged to differ. And as the girl sat in her and Elliot's empty cell, listening to the other kids kick around the soccer ball in the corridor, her loneliness seemed to double down on itself.

This, however, wasn't the first time that Alice Dunlap had felt left out, upon arriving at the prison. Once the people of Woodbury settled down, Patrick and Elliot grew a lot closer to one another than one might have thought. Patrick was older than Alice and only a year or two younger than Elliot. He fit in seamlessly with the two, despite his unique qualities. The Dunlaps even thought that Patrick's differences were what made him complete the two of them.

Alice, in particular, felt really safe with Patrick and Elliot. Of course, Elliot was her brother and all, but she liked the fact that the two didn't care about what other teenage boys normally would. They cared mostly about one another and that was the beauty of their bond. Their secretive relationship quickly became obvious to Alice. The girl was happy for her brother—as happy as she could be considering her only friends were always either running off to be alone somewhere or hanging out with the leader's insufferable son.