t w o ↣ dimension

┌───────────────────┐

└───────────────────┘

A L I C E

ALICE DUNLAP NOW HAD a plausible theory surrounding the details of her father's disappearance. After having around half a year to get settled into the prison, the girl had accumulated bits and pieces of information about what went down between their group and the governor. Their people didn't really speak of it, much. But Alice was able to piece together that the man was nowhere near the illusion of perfection that he'd so-boldly claimed to be.

How it all started was the kidnapping of Glenn and Maggie while they were on a run for baby formula. This resulted in the two communities intertwining, which didn't bode well for the small group at the prison. The governor'd murdered a few close friends of the people of the group—the people that Alice was actually starting to like. Then, he tried to take over the prison. When that didn't work out, the man threw a tantrum that resulted in the death of every person on his army, besides Karen, who lived to tell the tale and to persuade the people of Woodbury to become one with those at the prison.

The two people who Karen had to persuade were Sasha and Tyreese Williams, who were taking watch at the main wall, protecting the women and children who'd stayed behind. Those two had a short history with the prison group—that of which was the reason they readily agreed to relocate there. Alice also caught word that the person who'd saved the Williams siblings and brought them into the prison was Carl Grimes. She'd never suspect such a thing from the boy, and thought of it as nothing more than potential misinformation. No matter how the two came in contact with the prison, they ended up at Woodbury. And to Alice, everyone, somehow, just seemed to end up there, as if brought there by a higher power—or someone who thought of themselves as such.

That day in the woods, when Alice and Elliot's father first went missing, the girl had no idea that these kinds of people existed. She never would have thought that someone would murder a father, intentionally orphaning two weak children just to take them in and shape them into mindless soldiers. But now, that was exactly what Alice Dunlap thought of the man who'd supposedly saved her.

Though the girl lived easily by not grieving the things that she wasn't there to witness, her mind couldn't help but wander to places unknown. She'd try to piece together different narratives of what'd happened to her father. And this narrative seemed to make everything fall into place. It was the only believable option, as the governor had stumbled upon Alice and Elliot just around half a day after their abandonment. It couldn't have been just a coincidence.

It wasn't like Alice wanted such a horrible answer to her brother's questions—it was just the harsh reality of the situation. This reality was one that the girl was able to piece together just after Michonne had asked the girl a favor. The woman needed her to feed and groom the horse for her before she were to leave to pursue yet another search for governor, later that same morning. The woman's dedication to the man's death was—besides seeing it with her own eyes—all of the evidence that the girl needed that the man had most likely something to do with her father's disappearance.