Chapter 12

Chapter 12

They say everything happens for a reason but I can't pin point why all of this is happening to me. I don't know if I should blame myself or Vinnie Hacker. It's been a month since I last spoke to him, the holidays are coming up. Schools done for now and I've just been working my ass off, my mom's boyfriend moved in. Alyssa and Shay are visiting each of their grandparents for the holidays so I'm not seeing them until after new years. Jack and Abel are oddly close, I don't talk to either of them much just small conversations I've been sticking to myself ever since what happen that night after I told Vinnie to leave.

I honestly wouldn't doubt it if he's back with Alexa.

I'm at work about 20 more minutes left into my shift and then we close for a two weeks THANKFULLY! I'm just sitting at the booth doodling on a piece of paper as time goes by on this cold winter night. The bells to the front door opening ring and I look up

"Shit it's cold" a guy says walking up to the booth "how you doing?"

I smile "good how are you?"

"Great, can I get a hot chocolate?" He asks

"Of course" I smile turning around and getting that ready for him.

"Yo Max, you ever heard of waiting?" Someone says as the bells to the door ring once again

"Here you go" I turn back around instantly dropping the cup of hot chocolate once I see Vinnie walking up. His eyes meet mine but neither of us say a thing.

I regain focus all of a sudden "Oh my god I'm so sorry" I tell Max as I grab a rag and cover the hot chocolate on the booth and glass. "I'm such an idiot I'm sorry" I repeat myself cleaning it up

"It's ok it's not your fault" he says trying to help me by picking up the glass on the other side that fell to the ground

"Let me help" Vinnie says trying to grab glass off the booth counter top

"No it's fine" I say rushing to grab the pieces and avoid him but slit my finger "fuck" I say pulling my hand back.

"Are you ok?" He jumps over the booth and grabs my hand to look at it

"You're not supposed to be back here" I tell him "I'm fine" I pull my hand away and walk to the bathroom.

I'm rinsing the bit of blood off and just begin crying. I'm not crying out of pain I'm crying because I still feel for Vinnie fucking Hacker after every thing. I splash water on my face and tap it dry before heading back out.

Vinnie was gone and Max was just sitting there

"Are you ok?" He asks

"Yeah I'm fine, just a small cut." I tell him "let me get you a new cup of hot chocolate on the house."

"It's fine, don't go through the trouble. You guys are closing soon anyways right?"

I give him a awkward smile as I look outside to see if Vinnie is there "yeah we are."

"He's in the car"

"Huh?"

"Vinnie"

"Oh ok" I say wrapping a bandaid on my cut "cool"

"Go talk to him"

"What? Why?" I question him

"He cares about you."

"Listen Max. I don't know you and you don't know me or what happened between me and Vinnie. He doesn't care."

"Then why do you keep looking towards the car?"

"We're closed" I tell him

He lets out a small laugh and walks out. I sigh putting my hands on my face, maybe I should see other people to forget him.

The entrance bells ring once again

"We're closed!" I shout

"I know"

I snap my head up to Vinnie standing there

"You should then go"

"I need to talk to you."

"I need to close and get home."

"Lorelei please"

He walks up to me standing on the other side of the booth "what happened that night is not what you think. I don't care about any of that, I care about you."

"You walked away and never contacted me again"

"You still have me blocked"

"That doesn't matter Vinnie, whatever you thought we had going on is done."

"Meet me at widows peak tonight. The top of the building."

"What makes you think I'd go back there after what happened?"

"For closure just please. If any part of you still cares you'll be there at 10PM"

I stand there quietly as he walks to the door and opens it to leave.

"Hey Lorelei"

"Mmh"

"Love you"