Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Lorelei stop asking stupid ass questions and get in the car" Abel says

"No she's right why are you helping us?" Vinnie asks him

"She's my sister, you just happen to be whatever you are to her and I know if I don't help you as well she won't do anything I say. Now get in the car!" Abel shouts

Vinnie opens the back door for me "go get in, I'll ride passenger" he says as he quickly heads to the other side of the car, he opens the door then gets inside.

"Abel" I say stepping out of the car

"What? Lorelei please get in the car this is dangerous what I'm doing."

"I know but I just want to say Thank You and I'm sorry for everything."

He smiles and steps closer to me giving me a hug. "I'll always be your little big brother. Now get in we have to go."

I give him a smile "ok"

I begin to turn and the sound of a gunshot fills the air. I'm in complete shock as I process everything in slow motion, the left side of my face, neck, hair just all is now covered in Abel's blood. My ears are ringing and I feel as if everything is going in slow motion. I hear Vinnie yelling my name in the distance, I feel him pull me into the car. I snap back into reality as I'm laying in the back seat covered in blood while Vinnie speeds away.

"Are you ok?!" He keeps yelling "did you get shot?"

"Lorelei!"

"We have to go back, he could still be alive. Turn around"

"Are you shot!?"

"No I'm fine!" I shout "we have to turn around, we have to go back for Abel"

He ignores me and continues to speed

"Vinnie turn around!" I yell

"I can't Lorelei, there's no point." He says

"What do you mean there's no point? That's my brother you're talking about."

"Lorelei"

"Vinnie turn around now!"

"He's dead Lorelei."

I stare at the bit of his face that I can see "What are you even saying? You don't know that you were in the car"

"When I jumped into the drivers seat I saw his body, he was shot in the head. I'm sorry but we can't turn around. It's too risky."

It felt like my heart stopped, he doesn't know what he's talking about. There's no way he couldn't actually seen that. There was so much going on.

"Stop the car."

"What? No, are you crazy?"

"Vinnie stop the fucking car or I will jump out of it!" I yell

He forcefully hit the brake, causing us to jolt forward in our seats. I step out of the car walking away quickly before falling onto my knees, I wipe my face following it by looking at my hands covered in blood.

I begin to cry

Not a normal cry. I'm yelling and just sobbing, this is all my fault. I killed my own brother

"I'm sorry" Vinnie says putting his hand on my back "come here" he lifts me up into his arms and holds me while I cry. "I'm so sorry"

A car with no headlights on and tinted window stops behind the car Vinnie and I were in, he quickly moves in front of me to shield me. The window rolls down and it's a face I haven't seen at all, from the looks of it Vinnie knows him.

"Come on get in"

"Max?"

"Get in"

Vinnie grabs my hand pulling me to the car, opening the back door and getting in with me."

"How'd you know?" Vinnie asked him "where we were?"

"I got your text message asking for help, I went to your house from there and you weren't home but this guy pulled up. I confronted him and he told me where to find you. Followed him, saw him get shot and you pull off of the scene. Tried catching up with you since." He says "look we can't go back to your place, you want to go to hers?"

"We can't go to hers, that guy was he brother. So Jacks definitely going to send people there."

"Is" I say

Vinnie looks over to me with a questionable look on his face

"You said Abel was my brother, he still is my brother."

"I can take you guys to my old man's place, he's out on a business trip, he won't be back for another two weeks. You guys can lay low there for a bit"

"Ok" Vinnie says

The car ride there consist of me silently crying while Vinnie held me, when we arrived his friend Max let us inside. Vinnie and him silently talked to theirselves before his friend headed out and Vinnie walked up to me.

"He's gonna go grab us some clothes at my place real quick. I think it's fine if you wear some of my things for tonight. He's gonna head to the mall tomorrow and buy you some things until you're able to go home." He tells me, I hear it all but I can't process anything, not since my brother got shot.

"Let's go get you cleaned up." He grabs my hand and leads me to the bathroom, as the shower water ran he began to take my clothes off. He stops and looks me in my eyes. "Is this ok?" He asks me, I assume it's because we haven't done anything yet, I place my hand on his. "I'll shower" I softly reassure him

"Ok" he tells me walking towards the bathroom door, before closing it he looks back at time one more time.

"I love you."