VII

It was in the middle of the night when Valentine was shaking out of a dream, but way too detailed for it to be just a figment of consolidated fears to come alive

She gasped out of bed, feeling pinpricks all over her body like someone was opening her up and dissecting her. The feeling of unwanted hands who desire nothing but to hold her down.

Shaking it out of her head, very well digging a grave for it in the back of her mind, knowing that it was probably a silly nightmare, too random to be thought longer than it should.

early in the morning when the sunlight was peaking through the gaps in the walls and windows uncovered in the building as already, people were starting to get ready for the day.

Valentine held a paper bag filled with apples of different colors as she distributed it to anyone she came across to.

When she saw a glimpse of Andy's brown hair sitting outside patting Zingo's head. She turns towards the person nearest to her and asked if he could take over her job, passing him over the paper bag and grabbing one apple for herself.

Zingo saw her coming when he perked up his ears and wagged his tail.

Curious about where the dog was looking when Andy turned to look at her, his eyes brightened up, and smiling as if he was happy just at the sight of her.

He reminded her of Zingo whenever she arrives from long hours from missions.

It was adorable.

"Hey pretty boy, what are you doing here by yourself?" As she took a seat beside him, Zingo turned her attention to Valentine then she settled herself in her lap, head resting on her thigh.

Patting her head Valentine Looked for her pocket knife as she slowly cut up a little piece of the apple in her hand and offered it to him.

When he took it, she cut one up for herself and chewed it, the sweet taste of it filling her mouth.

"Just thinking really" Valentine didn't need to be a mind reader to know where his thoughts were about, remembering vaguely in the news of the incident in the school gym and the recent display of powers yesterday fighting the SWAT for defending her honor.

Putting two and two together, she touched his arm as she placed the apple and the knife on her side.

As if sensing that Andy was upset, Zingo bumped her nose into Andy's palms and licked it. Receiving a small smile from him and a pat in thanks.

"Hey, pretty boy look at me" looking at the hand in contact with his arm then meeting her eyes, Andy stared at her waiting for what she was gonna say next.

"This life is hard, I get it-- trust me" making him think back to her blue scaly form and the pain she must have endured to be able to reach the point she was indifferent about it.  "but we always got each others back, no matter what, fuck the government," she shrugged and successfully achieved a chuckle from him