Chapter 7

AVA'S POV

Anne and I continued talking for what it felt like hours. She kept on asking me questions about home, and what happens there, she thinks I'm hiding something. If she figures this out, I'm a dead girl.

Although, a lot of people- most people are afraid of dying. They say oh, I never want to die, I want to stay alive and young forever, although with me, it's different. I don't care, I don't care for what happens to me, neither does anyone else. I've got nothing to live for anyway.... Yes I've got jade, and Eleanor.... And Harry. I couldn't stand not seeing him, i thought to myself.

"so, did Regina tell you that me and my son are coming round saturday night for dinner?" Anne asked. Well I don't think regina would make a scene in front of guests, so perhaps it's a good thing after all. You know what? Thinking about it, my stepmother has always been really.... Possessive. Of my father, of Caroline, everyone she cares about, or pretends to... But I remember when I was younger. Like much younger, before my dad died, I remember asking my stepmother if my friend could come over for dinner, it was before my dad got home, and thinking about it, I remember her asking me if the mother was single? And I said yes, because.... I can't remember her name, but my friends parents broke up. But I always thought it was weird,how she seemed so into the idea, but then she just got jealous if she saw my dad talking to any other women...

"Ava?"

"oh, hmm?"

"I asked you if Regina told you about dinner?" Anne repeated.

"oh, uh no, she doesn't normally give me much notice"

"what do you mean?" she asked. Oh no, shes getting suspicious, I've said too much.

"oh, I, um, always make dessert when people come round, it's almost a tradition...." I quickly made up the excuse. I think she bought it.

She nodded quickly, and looked down at her clipboard. She raised her eyebrow, and bit on her lip.

"Anne?"

She looked up at me. I urged her to continue.

"oh, uh, it says here that you will have to have a tetanus needle....." she said quietly. I gulped, I've had one before twice, both incidents involving Caroline and Regina.....

FLASHBACK.

He pushed me back into a tree, his strong arm digging into my neck, his height was towering over me, as my little body fought back to escape. His large brown eyes pierced into mine as he continued to shout about something to do with me putting a dent in his new car.

He let let go of my neck, and pinned my wrists into the sharp bark of the tree, my wrists and hands were now being cut into the tree and bled, my dark crimson blood was trickling down his arms. He did not budge. I squirmed in pain, but what I learned from these situations was not to complain, that will just make him even more mad.

Tears were now spilling from my eyes, did it not cross his mind that he is hurting a small, innocent person? I looked who was next to him. There was only one person who that could be...

Caroline.

What is it this time? I thought to myself. The tall male pinned my wrists further into the tree and looked over at Caroline who was now smirking in pleasure. She whispered something in the boys ear and he grinned hysterically, and let go of my left wrist. Caroline came up to me with anger in her eyes, looked down at the ground at my school bag, which had now books and my pencil case toppled out of it.

She reached for one of my books, and threw it against the tree, just missing my head. Then another, then another. She then grabbed my pencil case, and opened the zip, she smirked. I knew what she was thinking.....