Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Thirsty, thirsty.

Hungry, hungry.

My thoughts exact. I don't know how long I've been in here, a couple of days maybe?

All I know is that..... Yesterday....... Wait, no the day before yesterday, I was locked in this cupboard. I've tried getting out, I've tried everything, nothing works. I've even tried screaming at them to let me out but stepmother, Regina she would grab the broomstick that was next to her and hit me with it. See, nothing works, that doesn't involve me getting hit by something.

Then, I heard voices. I knew they belonged to Regina and Caroline. She was probably moaning about how her 13th boyfriend broke up with her, and she called him the wrong name or something, or said "I love you jake...." when actually she meant Ethan.

"SLAM" that was probably the door closing. So that means they were not gonna let me out for another...... 6 hours. Caroline was at school, and Regina went to lunch with someone famous most probably?

Then I heard another set of voices, and I know who they belonged to!!!!!

"HEYYY, PLEASE CAN YOU LET ME OUT??!!!!" I screamed out, making my throat even more parched.

"where are youuuuu??!!!"

"in the cupboard!!!"

I heard footsteps coming towards me, then I heard locks unlocking. And "WHOOSH" the door flew open, to reveal my best friends.

Jade and Eleanor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"do you want something to eat??" Eleanor asked me.

"I'll just grab a banana, thanks El" I said.

Since they had rescued me, I had got dressed for school, done my teeth, hair, eaten, drank, cleaned briefly. Although jade told me not to, although I wanted to.

I checked the time on my watch.

10.09am.

Crap, I gotta get to school...... It would be recess soon.

Great, more humiliation.

I bet Caroline's put the whole thing on Facebook or something.

I grabbed my things and hugged my two best friends. I went to go, and jade called.

"didn't you notice my hair??" she asked.

"O my god!! It's purple" I screamed as I ran out the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I was entering the school grounds, I felt really insecure. Almost like everyone was looking at me. I bobbed my head down so I was watching the floor. I heard some people snigger as I walked past them. Probably Caroline's group of 'friends'.

I carried on walking. Faster and faster. Until I was nearly at my safe haven, the library. I would always come here, to read, write, do homework, eat, drink. Everything I would do in here. And best part of all, Caroline doesn't even know we have a library. So I can't get mocked. Only the smart people stay in the library, for doing homework and stuff, before and after school. I wasn't one of them, and I certainly wasn't popular. I was just below the middle. I mean, I'm the type of person, who doesn't speak until spoken to, i get all my work done but I don't brag about it, and I certainly don't go up to someone and say lets be friends. I'm not good at that. Making friends. I see Eleanor and Jade as my best friends because I see them nearly every day because they are the maids at the house. So over the years we've all gotten very close. Stepmother doesn't know though.