Chapter 9

After a long and relaxing slumber, I woke up to sore legs, a sore throat, and a snoring Otis beside me. I made my best attempt to wriggle out of his grasp without waking him. When I pulled out of his arms, I clumsily got out of bed and grabbed my clothes. I dressed myself and looked at the clock on Otis's nightstand. It was only 4 in the afternoon; I was surprised because it felt like I had slept much longer than only a few hours.

I heard Otis's snoring come to a stop before he rolled out of bed and put his clothes on. I soon felt his warm body pressed against mine. He slowly ran his hands up and down my arms as he placed kisses along my neck and shoulders.

Without saying a word, Otis grabbed my hand and pulled me out of his room and into the bathroom. He let go of my hand and walked towards the shower before turning the water on. I only now remembered that I hadn't showered since before I got here, which was many days ago.

Otis stepped back from the shower and gave me a look that suggested I should take off my clothes. I did so, and Otis stripped from his clothes as well. When we were both nude, he looked up and down my body, which was still stained with blood from making the baphomet.

We both stepped in the shower, and Otis moved me so that I was under the running shower head. When my hair was dampened, Otis roughly lathered shampoo on my head. I could tell that he was making an effort to do it delicately, but his hands were too accustomed to inflicting violence that he couldn't wash my hair entirely without pain. I reminded myself that I shouldn't be complaining and taking this for granted, so I tolerated the rough scrubbing on my scalp.

When my hair was washed and rinsed, Otis grabbed a bar of soap, held it under the water for a few seconds, then got to work cleaning the rest of my body. I was surprised that he was putting in this much effort to do something I could easily do myself. I did appreciate the gesture, though.

He ran the bar of soap over my body sensually but not sexually. I could tell that he was enjoying exploring my body as he moved the soap all over me. When I was sufficiently clean, I rinsed myself off once again. Otis stepped out of the shower without washing himself, but I didn't mention it to him, figuring that he cleaned himself when he wanted to (which wasn't very often).

He took one last look at my naked form before handing me a towel to dry myself off. When we were both dried off and changed into clean, non-blood-covered clothes, we returned to his room.

Otis stopped in the middle of the room, taking a moment to observe the baphomet, then spoke the first words either of us had said since we fell asleep. "I bet this is good enough to be put in Cutter's museum. Besides, it'd be nice to commemorate your first time doin' this."

I shrugged indifferently. I didn't really care if my first kill and dismemberment was "commemorated", and I didn't know who Cutter was or anything about his museum. "If you think so, it's fine by me."

"Then it's settled," Otis said, dragging me back out of the room. We walked downstairs and out of the house, and we finally stopped in front of a beat up truck parked in the backyard. Otis opened the passenger side door and gestured for me to get in.

"Do ya know how to drive?" he asked me.

"No," I responded. Even though I was old enough to, I had never actually gotten my permit, let alone learn how to drive.

"Good. Now stay here and don't get any smart ideas,"

I nodded, and he walked back into the house to get the baphomet. I was made aware that he still didn't fully trust me to not try to make an escape. Even though he had warned me to not run off, I was almost completely sure he knew I wouldn't even think to do something as stupid as that.