Issue #15: The Sports Festival Part 5: Two Quirks

As the flames of the battlefield were lit, they grew fiercely. The crowd cheered and roared as Wade and Todoroki made their way to the ring. This was it. The match everyone's been waiting for. The two most promising Heroes in Training of this class were going to duke it out for supremes.

"I CAN FEEL THE ANTICIPATION IN THE STADIUM, AND THAT'S BECAUSE THE SECOND ROUND'S FIRST MATCH IS GONNA BE EPIC! ON ONE SIDE WE HAVE THE GUY WHO LITERALLY WON BY A LANDSLIDE, AND LEFT HAFT THE AUDIENCE FROZEN! IT'S THE SON OF THE NUMBER TWO RANKED PRO-HERO WHO'S IN THE HERO COURSE, SHOTO TODOROKI! AND ON THE OTHER SIDE WE HAVE THE SPIDER KID THAT MADE A COME BACK AFTER NEARLY WALKING OUT OF HIS FIRST MATCH! ALSO FROM THE HERO COURSE, WADE WALKER!"

The two stood on the ring, glaring at each other. "Hey man, how's it hanging?" Wade asked with a smirk as he jerked up an eyebrow, trying to lighten the mood, but also to hide his nervousness. "Haven't seen you in a while."

"Well, here I am. And only one of us can win." Todoroki said with a cold glare aimed towards Wade.

"When you should know that I'm not planning to lose this either, asshole." Wade said with his furrowed brows. "I owe that much to everyone who supported me. And I will beat you."

Present Mic got back on the microphone and shouted. "BOTH OF THESE HEROES IN TRAINING HAVE BEEN FRONT RUNNERS IN THE SPORTS FESTIVAL, BUT WHICH ONE OF THESE RIVALS WILL ADVANCE INTO THE NEXT ROUND?!"

Wade crouched slightly down into a fighting stance, knowing that his opponent will start with an ice attack. Shoto did the same, spreading his feet slightly, planning to not allow Wade to use that power of his too much.

"PREPARE FOR WALKER VS TODOROKI!"

Wade powered his Venom Blast and Todoroki powered his Ice.

"BEGIN!"

Wade charged forward with his bioelectricity coursing through and around his hands. He had to strike fast, get in close to make his Spider-Quick effective. But Todoroki predicted this and the Spider-Man's Spider senses blared when his opponent placed a foot forward, and launched a huge spiky ice wave straight towards him at high speed.

Thinking fast, Wade jumped back, changed One-for-All into one of his right hand's fingers, and took aim. With the left hand, he reached down, and grabbed onto the ground with his sticky fingers. He flicked his finger and sent a force of energy right towards the ice.

The Venom Smash stopped the wave, and then the force of energy destroyed Todoroki's offensive move. Creating a strong and fast gust of wind that blew into the faces of the spectators, forcing them to shield their faces. Todoroki quickly created a small wall of ice behind him so that he was pushed out of bounds. But he also has to suffer from a very small voltage of electricity from the Venom Smash.

Todoroki unshielded his face to see Wade getting up from the ground. He was able to hold onto the ground as to get sent flying back too far. The white and red-haired boy then looked at Wade's hand to see it was broken. It was just as he expected. Wade was at a massive disadvantage and was willing to injure himself to counter his attacks.

"WOOOOWWW! WALKER MANAGED TO BREAK TODOROKI'S INSANE OPENING ATTACK!"

As All Might watched from the teacher's box, his fists clenched. In his head, he knew that Wade would've had no idea just how powerful Todoroki's attack was going to be. So he reacted on reckless instincts and fired off a shot at 100%. No, not out of recklessness. It was likely that Wade knew that it was going to be the only way for him to deflect the ice barrage.

As Wade stood to his feet. He looked at his hand and saw how bad his finger was. His healing factor would take care of it, but because he used One For All at 100%, his healing factor would be taking longer than if he just used One For All in a smaller part of his body. But he grinned at Todoroki, seeing that some of the electricity in the Venom Smash got to him. One thing that Wade knew is that an electrical current is able to travel through ice. But it's not as effective because the ice was a poor conductor, as the H+ ions don't tunnel around very quickly.