Issue #18: "Battle Focus"

Wade stared at Gran Torino sleeping while he snored loudly while literally saying 'I'm snoring' in his sleep. The sun was already down, and he was the only one left that was still awake. Right now, he was wearing a dark tank top with a pair of sweatpants. It was already the end of the first day of the internship. After Gran Torino came back from the grocery store, he and Wade ate lunch. Spider-Man believed that after they had some food, then it would be time to get some real training done.

Sadly, it's not happening like he was expecting. The old geezer just fell asleep. This left Wade with nothing to do but text his friends in the group chat to see what they were up to.

Bakugo wasn't responding, but from what Wade heard, he was interning at Best Jeanist. Given his track record of being a prim and proper Hero, Wade could only imagine the disciplining he's giving the hothead.

Kirishima was one of the first to respond. He was interning with the Chivalrous Hero: Fourth Kind, and he found out that Tetsutetsu was there too. Wade figured that after the Sports Festival, they were now friends.

From the sound of it, Ochaco was having a great time with her internship with Gunhead. Turned out the Hero had a bit of a soft side, as he was surprisingly friendly. He was even helping her by teaching her how to fight. This surprised Wade, and he texted about the two of them having a sparring match one day, which she was excited about.

Momo was taking her internship at the Snake Hero: Uwabami with Kendo from Class 1-B. Having lost in the tournament and in the Cavalry Battle, there weren't many Heroes for them to intern with, and the supermodel was one of the few that wanted the two girls. Still wanting to prove herself after losing disastrously in her battle with Tokoyami, Momo eagerly accepted the offer. Furthermore, it seems like she's getting along with Kendo as well.

Turned out the main reason Uwabami wanted them was because they were both cute young ladies.

As for Mina, she chose the internship with Kamui Woods, who Wade just remembered seeing once before, but so far they've been doing a few things like charity, helping out in homeless shelters. While Mina was glad to help people in need, she found that boring since she's looking forward to fighting against villains.

Jiro was having a more difficult time getting used to her internship with Death Arms. She had no breaks on her patrol of the city and was running most of the time trying to keep up.

Mineta was complaining about his time with Mt. Lady. Having been forced to clean up her big apartment all by himself. Saying that it was not the kind of role-play he was hoping for. Then again, Wade assumed he must have done something perverted to make her do that, or Mt. Lady was just that lazy. Probably both.

Tsuyu had chosen to intern with the Pro Hero Selkie and his sidekick Sirius aboard the Oki Mariner. But while she was able to be in an environment that complimented her Quirk, Tsu was finding the experience to be kind of boring.

And then there was Todoroki. Wade asked him in a private text message about how things were going with him after learning that Shoto was interning with his father. Shoto hated being around his father, who was going on about leading his son down the "path of the mighty." Shoto had no desire to do such a thing. Wade tried to remind him what they talked about, back at the sports festival. What surprised him was that Todoroki revealed he went to a hospital where his mother was, to visit her.

"How did it go?" Wade texted, a little worried.

Todoroki responded it went well, at first his mother cried too much, not only to apologize for what she did to him, but she was also happy to see him again after years. After that, they had a little chat, and Todoroki reassured her that he didn't bore any resentment toward her. He even told her a few things about Wade, that it was thanks to him that helped him realize what he had to do to become a Hero, and because of him, he gained the confidence to come and visit her. He even appreciated Wade on the chat for helping him to let go of the past.