Prologue: Did you hear the battle drum?

Wu Lei in his black metal armor and a gold mask covering his handsome face lined 10,000 soldiers in an array at the top of the hill. The plan was to intimidate the enemy, but what he found in the heart of the valley was an all sides surrounded formation closing in on a formidable soldier.

Her armor broken with arrows piercing her body. There were cuts on her limbs, it sting. Her hair loosen, flying in the wind when she stood firmly with chin rose high. As she turned, her eyes quickly scanned through the faces of her enemies. Arrows and bows nowhere neared, spear broken, and so was the trusty long sword, but each hand held a long dagger. All by herself she took down half of their army, but all human has their limit– she was on the brink of death. There was no fear in her eyes. Only poise and composure was left on the battlefield. She was waiting serenely for death to come with her alluring battle dance.

Wu Lei rushed forward into the heart when he saw on the other side a warhorse sprinting forward, toward the soldier who was defending themself. The young captain stationed on the hill pulled out his best arrow and took his aim nervously, but very acute. When it was just only a few horse prances away Wu Lei ducked; an arrow flew above his head straight to the throat of the man, knocking him off his horse. When the warhorse panicked without its owner it trampled on other soldiers. Wu Lei took the opportunity to slash down a few more as he got closer to her. She turned to look but saw only the black armor with a gold face, and the red string that tied his hair flying about. When he reached out his hand she saw his sparkling eyes, it was smirking at her. She glared at him before biting down and took his hand. He swept her up onto his warhorse and made a quick run back. His men unleashed their arrows before sending in the specialists to finish the job as quickly as possible.