Chapter 10: Nail in the Coffin

Wu Lei had no intention of traveling with Zhen Rong and his group, but there were some plans changed. Lao Huo from He Shan Lou sent them an invitation, requesting for their presence immediately.

Zhen Rong tagged along because he heard about an old Inn that hosted a lot of patrons who were candidates for the Best in the World competition.

"There are no changes to the Inn." Xiao Tian commented when they stopped in front of the entrance. It was also late at night, like before.

"They don't have to deal with the Best in the World competition, but it is still Spring Festival, so why is it so lacking and quiet?" Wei Han pointed out.

"Hm? The Spring Festival in Liu Yang is similarly quiet, and mostly celebrated during the day." Zhen Rong chimed in.

"That's right, it is more of a flower festival. Unlike the Autumn's Lantern Festival, everything was more for the night." Wu Lei agreed.

"Ayo?" Lao Huo shouted when he saw Wu Lei, Xiao Tian and the rest walked in.

"Lao Huo!" Wei Han and Bai Li shouted.

Lao Huo rushed over to them. "Come in come in. QUICKLY, PREPARE FOOD AND DRINKS!" He shouted to the waiters while leading the special group of guests over to a designated seating area. "Come, enjoy your food while I have them prepare your rooms so you can stay overnight. We have a lot to talk about."

"We'll enjoy ourselves, you go back to take care of the line of guests. We'll talk when you're ready." Xiao Tian said.

"Right, right. There's a lot to cover. Enjoy yourselves while I'll go and clean up the situation and close the Inn for the night." Lao Huo agreed, and he left them for the time being.

Zhen Zhen didn't want a burden so she freed Jia Jia, but he just refused to leave. He even insisted that she tied him up like she did before, and he'd be as quiet as the night tagging along. He wouldn't bother her, wouldn't take up her spaces, and he had his own money so he wouldn't eat into her savings.

"No, leave." She said before taking the steps up to the abandoned temple.

"I can't." He replied, following right after.

"Why not?"

"I don't know the way!"

"How can you not? We're not that far from Xu!" She shouted slamming the door opened. "Please forgive us for the intrusion, we have nowhere to go and it is raining outside." She pleaded with clasped hands to the statues of the gods.

"Please forgive us for the intrusion." He did the same, then returned to her. "Not far? We've crossed border into Daluzhou and have been traveling for weeks. We're now in Jin Country!"

"What?" Zhen Zhen asked in disbelief. How could he knows where they were when they traveled through the forest and mountains for past weeks?

"You don't even know where we are and you want me to leave you?" He asked.

"Why do you care? You were complaining about me everyday for mistreatments!" She exclaimed in the midts of cleaning up a space for herself.

"I am a talkative person!" He shouted. "I have stuff to say!" He cleaned up a little space across from hers.

Zhen Zhen shut her mouth. With her hands on her waist she clicked her tongue before turning around to kick the ground behind her. She turned back and glared at him. "You said you don't know the way? Where are we?"

Jia Jia calmed down with a sigh and softly said, "Huashan of Jin Country. Specifically Huashan of Tai Yang of Jin Country."

"And how do you know that?" She asked.