Chapter 09: Thievery in the Night

Jin Zhen Zhen took her chance one night, went across no man's land into the enemy's encampment, wrecked havoc in an attempt to abduct their Prince. Her attempt wasn't in vain, although, she had no idea who she brought out of that encampment with her. He was not in any noble decorum. He looked like a weakly scholar, and he coughed blood every few minutes. She would've left him there to die if it weren't for his nightly sleep talks and nightmares that had him calling for his mom. It triggered something in her that she did a rogue field treatment on him.

"If you have the heart to treat me, nurse me to health, why must you insist on tying me up?" He asked.

"Shut it." She answered.

"Jia Jia" He introduced himself.

Zhen Zhen glanced suspiciously at him before taking a sip of her water. "Jin Jin" She smirked.

"Ah, we're using aliases now." He smiled.

Zhen Zhen was informed that the Crown Prince of Northern Xu was leading an army encampment at the border. When she snuck around the camp she couldn't find his whereabouts. She found him, Jia Jia, sickly in bed and a soldier hovering over him with a knife. Rescuing him almost cost her her life but she managed to get them both out and across the border into Daluzhou.

"Jin Jin, why are you not fully in disguised?" Jia Jia asked when he saw that he was a she. Although she was in men clothings, her breast wasn't tightly wrapped, and her hair was braided to the side.

"I'm just trying to travel around with ease, not meant to fake an identity."

"Ah, but the world is dangerous. It might not be a bad thing to go around with a fake identity," he said.

"Hm...You? Who exactly are you? Why were you injured and in that encampment? Did you know there was a soldier trying to kill you?" She threw him her water flask so he could take some sips. It landed right in front of him but he couldn't pick it up due to his tied up hands. He stared at it then stared at her only to find that she was checking up on the roasted rabbit meat.

"At least untie me so I can eat and drink!"

She shifted her gaze to the side, squinting suspiciously at him before a loud sigh escaped her lips. She brought over the stick of meat, "Smell it, good?" She asked and taunted him.

He gulped with a growling stomach. He was sick and they starved him for few days with the intense vegetable meals he had to take.

"If you say kind words, I'll let you eat." She pulled the stick of meat away from him.

"Beautiful Lady." He started.

"Stop." She shook her head, "No that won't do. I don't like corniness."

"Sweet Lady."

"No, no no, I don't like the word sweet right now, it makes me crave sweet."

He clicked his tongue with eyes rolled. "GODDESS!"

"YES!" She smiled at him.

"Our Goddess descended from the sky, oh bless me with water and food to survive through the night, please." He said all at once.

Zhen Zhen giggled, she let him bit off some of the meat from the stick.

"Can't you just untie me?" He asked with a mouth full of meat.

"Not yet." She said.

When she finished her portion she took up the water flask to drink from it. Right after, she poured some into his mouth. Then she fed him some left over medicines.

"Sleep tight." Zhen Zhen said with a smile. Jia Jia squinted and side-eyed with a light jerked of the head by the two words 'sleep tight.' Not long after he was knocked out by the drug.