Chapter 02: Strange Place, but I found a pet.

Lu Si opened her eyes and saw the same ceiling that she had been seeing for the past few days. The curtain of her bed was also the same. She was hoping that it would change to the one that she had at home.

"Miss, you're awake!"

The maids ran around whenever they found her awake. They were not her personal maids, they were strangers, but they were very kind to her. They would propped her up, cleaned her and changed her clothes every morning before feeding her. When she had to go to relief herself they would take care of that too. She was on guard but allowed herself to rest to recuperate.

"I am Hua Hua."

"I am Su Su."

"We are your maids for the duration that you will be here." Hua Hua informed.

"Miss, what is your name? We have to report back to our Master." Su Su spoke softly.

Lu Si didn't want to talk because it took up majority of her energy, but she muttered, "Zhao Lu."

"Then Miss Zhao, please do not hesitate to call for us when you need us. It is our duty to take care of you until you fully recover." Hua Hua said with a smile.

"Do not worry, we only want you to get better. We do not have any other ulterior motives. Rest assured, the people here are very kind, so is our Master." Su Su said.

"Who is your Master?" Lu Si whispered.

The maids pressed their lips sealed before glancing at each other.

"Uh...The person who rescued you." Hua Hua blurted.

Lu Si saw on their face that they were apprehensive to speak about their Master, so she didn't prod further. She was also tired, and they did such a kind job taking care of her that she didn't want to put them in a tough situation.

"Never-mind. You can leave."

"Then Miss Zhao take care of your health. We'll bring your medicine to you in another hour." Hua Hua stated.

"Please try not to get out of bed without us. When it is time for your daily exercises we'll come." Su Su said.

"Uh..."

"Yes?" Hua Hua stopped when she heard Lu Si's murmurs.

"Mask. Can you give me a mask?"

The girls blinked at each other before bowing to Lu Si.

Lu Si nodded with a smile as gratitude. When they left she murmured to herself, "Someone who rescued me?" She could only recalled black armor and a gold mask staring at her. Could it be the army from Jin? Am I in their turf? I have to quickly recover and leave.

"Zhao Lu?" Wu Lei whispered, reading the reports from his servants.

"Who?" Wei Han asked. "Ah, that General that we rescued from the battlefield?"

"Her name is apparently Zhao Lu." Wu Lei commented. "She woke up but fainted. After that she was bedridden and only now recovered half of her energy. Doctor said she is recovering very quickly."

"But there is still no letter from Baimu." Bai Li reminded them.

"If we don't have a letter from Baimu, then are we going to really interrogate her?" Xiao Tian asked, "though the doctor said she's recovering quite quickly, I don't think it's quick enough for some torturing."

Wu Lei sighed before rubbing his forehead, "The maids said she's not talking much either."

"That's not good." Wei Han said.

"Can we still use her?" Xiao Tian asked.

"If I can't interrogate, then I will have to discreetly watch her." Wu Lei said.

Lu Si recovered partial of her power but found that her heart gotten a bit weaker. If she continued to act recklessly her old injury might relapsed. Her chance of a full recovery might be compromised. The maids noticed how quick-witted and resourceful Lu Si was. It was only about three weeks that she stayed at the Estate but she memorized almost all the pathways and surroundings of the Estate. She also memorized all the servants' names that she came into contact with. For the maids, Lu Si was lovely to tend to. She was mild manner, although very weak, did not ask anyone for help. She moved around the places by herself.

"Miss Zhao, why are you not asking us for help?" Hua Hua asked.

"I'm retraining my limbs. If I don't do it, then they will really be broken."

When she could travel a bit further into the woods she caught a white bunny. It was adorably lazing about in her arm when she first held it. She named it, "Xia Xue Hua" with "Xia" as its surname and "Xue Hua" as its name. She called it Xia Xue as a nickname.

Su Su was very curious when she watched Lu Si playing with the pet bunny. She was curious on why Lu Si would wear a mask even inside the Estate? She used them when she went outside to the market with the maids, but even wore them inside the Estate whenever she was out of her room. Only Hua Hua, Su Su and the doctor were allowed inside her room. Lu Si didn't know why she developed such a habit. About five months ago she woke up from a coma. Since then she preferred to wear mask when she went outside, or stayed at unfamiliar places.

"Miss, the weather is getting a bit chilly, should we go back?" Su Su suggested.

Lu Si nodded, with Xia Xue in her arms she let Su Su helped her back to her room.

It was late at night but the maids and eunuchs were running amuck, calling out for the imperial physicians to come treat a certain Princess and a Noble Consort. Wu Lei was quietly drinking tea while copying down some poetry with Xiao Tian nearby waiting on him.

"Your Highness, the spectacle."

"Ignore it. They just want to see my face."

"It's the fourth time already. They should find a different way to go about this?" Xiao Tian sighed before taking a bite out of his late dinner.

"It is because they are curious on the grown version of the 11th Prince. Such fools, Princes and Princesses are to always wear a mask when in public. Find out where those maids and eunuchs are from. Send them a punishment of twenty staves each for disturbing this Prince's peace. Let their masters knows that I am back."

Wu Lei closed his eyes and he could see her. He thought it would be a blurry face but her face was crystal cleared and it was of Huo Shang Tian. The feeling was Si Si, but why was her face showed Huo Shang Tian? This dream of his had been plaguing his mind since the rescue of that General from Baimu.

A faint sigh escaped his lips. "They smell similar. Shang Tian, Si Si...and that General...What if I go and find out myself?"