Chapter 11: A Liaison

Zhen Zhen and Jia Jia bickered soon as they got up, it was about a money pouch that went missing. They each believed each other to be the culprit for thievery. Yet, when Zhen Zhen offered her whole body for him to check he recoiled. Instead, the two broke friends decided to go eat first before investigating.

"What to do?" Zhen Zhen asked.

"Eat first, think later." Jia Jia suggested and smiled when the waiter brought out their food.

Zhen Zhen too, smiled at the waiter. After the waiter left she said through her pearl white teeth, "We don't have money to pay."

"Eat first." Jia Jia suggested while he shove food down his mouth.

"How about we rob someone." Zhen Zhen suggested out of nowhere.

Jia Jia gasped in disbelief then whispered aloud, "I'm of nobility! How dare you suggest something so shameless?"

Zhen Zhen glared at him before smirking, "Don't nobles steal from the poor?"

Jia Jia chewed slowly while deep in thought.

"Desperate time, the quickest way to earn some money," she said, egging him on.

"Desperate time, but there are people working to get the money."

"But have you worked in a laborious job in your life, noble young master?" Zhen Zhen asked.

Jia Jia thought a bit more. "No robbing of poor people!" He set the rules.

"Of course! The poor don't have money for us to rob anyway–" Zhen Zhen paused when her eyes caught a sparkling light from a distance. She looked and saw a lone girl eating and her dagger glistening in the light. The glimpse of jewels on the dagger caught her attention. It was not a normal dagger she could tell that much. The girl that carry it did not look normal to her either. Right away she wanted to befriend her.

"What's wrong?" Jia Jia asked when he saw her seemingly enchanted with her frozen postures and unending gaze. He turned to look and saw the lonesome girl eating a few tables away. He didn't think there was anything special for Zhen Zhen to be so interested in, but he too, noticed an interesting looking dagger.

"Jia Jia," Zhen Zhen muttered, "I know who we should rob."

"I do too." Jia Jia replied.

"That girl!" They whispered aloud to each other, "YES!" And they both nodded.

It was a special day for Cai Ying that she decided to splurge and ate at a restaurant. The little dagger that she carried with her lost its leather's case for the handle. She tried to roll some fabrics around it, but little sparkling of gems were peeking out. She noticed people do sometimes look at her in an odd way, but today was quite interesting. She had people trailing her, and there was a young couple that kept eyeing her.

When she decided to leave, Jia Jia immediately rushed over and begged her for money, making a huge scene.

"Miss, my wife and I lost our money. Can you please help us out?" He asked.

Cai Ying seen such act before, she didn't expect to be scammed in broad daylight like this.

"Cousin!" Zhen Zhen shouted out. She came over and gave Cai Ying a big hug. "Cousin! It's so nice seeing you here. My husband and I were on our journey to the South, but we suddenly lost our money. Can you please at least pay for our breakfast?"

Cai Ying stared in disbelief. How are people so shameless these days? Blatantly asking for money after claiming relatives?

"COUSIN!" Cai Ying shouted. "It's great seeing you here! How much do you need?"