Chapter 2 ~ Run run!

Panicked, you heard the sounds all round you.

You bolted in a random direction, coming face to face with another gold statue. This one was dressed in white, and looked slightly different, being made of a lighter shade of gold. He was staring you down with a smile. Hearing more footsteps from behind, you dashed past the statue in white, barely avoiding its axe. You fell forward onto the ground, quickly getting back to your feet and running away. Bolting through the maze, you collected as many soul shards as you could without getting caught by the statues. Sadistic laughter occasionally broke the tense silence. Footsteps from behind had you spinning around, only to crash into a statue that appeared in front of you. This one was made of silver and looked enraged more than anything. Backing away from it, you turned to see the statue in white had also caught up.

You struggled to divide your attention between the two as they kept closing in on you. When there was barely any space left, you ducked down underneath the silver statues axe, bolting using your speed boost. You panted heavily, the stress slowly getting to you. The adrenaline going through your system was the only thing keeping you active. You came across a yellow orb, and without thinking grabbed it.

'Enemies stunned.'

You looked at the small message on your screen as you ran. You only needed a few more shards before you were done. A statue stood in the middle of your path. It was the statue in blue from earlier. He was grasping in his head, seemingly in agony. All the stress made it hard to care as you quickly went by him, grabbing the last shard.

"Those were all the shards here! Quick, get to the manor!"

Bierce's voice pierced your ears. You swiftly snuck back past the statue, and sprinted back. Staying clear from the statues, you bolted up towards the manor, throwing the doors open. In front of you was the ring piece. But you didn't have all the shards yet. Silently cursing, you ran to the right, beginning the whole process over again. The statues had also found their way inside, and were now actively on the look out for you. Your lungs were aching and you had barely any energy or fight left in you.  You picked up the pace, hoping this nightmare would be over soon. You noticed something slightly off on the map in your tablet. Looking back up, you saw a red shard, that was bigger than any of the soul shards.

Grabbing onto the red shard, your tablet called out that your enemies had been revealed. You saw four red icons closing in on you. Terrified, you backed away, into the darker parts of the manor.  Looking back onto your tablet you noticed there was now a fifth icon right behind you. Before you got the chance to react, you were whacked over the head, your vision went black.

And you fell to the ground.