Chapter 8 ~ Bonding?

(*puts this image of Frederick in ur pocket then leaves.*)

He seemed incredibly curious, and you had very little else to do.

"Uh, what do you want to know?" You asked. "I hardly know where to start. I assume quite a lot has changed, given your garments." A smile crept onto your face. "Yeah, quite a lot in fact." He looked intrigued, leaning forward. "We uh, have technology now, instead of sending letters we can send messaged to one another in the blink on an eye." His eyes widened. "Truly? How do you do so?"

"Uh, computers.. like that tablet."

"So your tablet can send messages?"

"Sort of, not exactly." You watched as Frederick struggled to take that information in. "A lot of diseases have been wiped out, our lives are longer, etc." His expression turned solemn. "Rather.. unfortunate i will never see such a world. I do hope it is as beautiful as you say." He crossed his legs as he leaned his hand in his head. "I.. would see why you would prefer returning there. It would be a better existence for peasant." You didn't really respond to that. Clearing his throat, he glanced over his shoulder. "I suppose  we should get you cleaned. You have.. quite some filth on you." You didn't even notice that fact, too caught up in trying to survive to care. Standing up, he moved towards the door. "Do follow me." You got up, walking after him as he led you though the halls.

Eventually you reached the leaders personal quarters, through the maze like halls. You never thought they would be given this amount of luxury. Almost as if he could read your thoughts, Frederick spoke up. "Malak favors us, given we are the most formidable opponents. In return for our continuing servitude." You only nodded, not sure how to respond.

Frederick's room was even more extravagant compared to Karl's. Gold adorned the walls and ceiling, giving the room a golden haze, even more so compared to the halls. To top it all off, it was even more spacious, you assumed this was due to his position as the lead watcher. "Enjoying the view?" Frederick teased as he reached into his wardrobe. You snapped out of your thoughts, flustered. He got out a spare coat, this one being less decorated, along with a pair of long white socks, as well as some undergarments. "It is rather unconventional, but wandering in such peasant garb is possibly worse." He smiled. "You belong here, so you should be able to appear as it." Silently thanking him, you took the clothing. Frederick led you to the bathroom, allowing you to enter on your own, and shutting it behind you.

You once again allowed yourself to relax and think. Bierce had said nothing to you, nothing to indicate she still had contact with you. You wondered if it had anything to do with the tablet. You got undressed and sank into bath, which already had water in it. For now you couldn't escape. Karl had your tablet and soul shards. And you doubted Bierce would have enough patience to wait for you to figure something out.

But you weren't keen on giving up just yet.