Chapter 6 ~ Plea deal.

The tension served to create a crushing atmosphere.

The two statues stared at each other. Basil's grin and Karl's grimace contrasted with each other. "Say.. how long do you intend to keep this peasant locked up here, hm?" Basil taunted is fellow watcher. "The others do know she is here, so what really do you intend to do? Eventually, she will be found. Do you really wish that punishment?" Karl didn't falter with those words, standing his ground. "So you intend on revealing her location?"

"I never said i would," replied Basil. "Where would be the fun in that, hm?" Karl crossed his arms. "Well? What are you implying?" Basil leaned back. "I will assist, i am simply that kindhearted." Something about that offer rubbed you the wrong way. "Assist, when you have none to gain from doing so." Basil faked an offended gasp. "Ah how dare you, are insinuating i am cruel and self serving?"  You were already completely done with Basil's crap. Though you kept silent. The last thing you wanted was trouble with a statue that offered to help. "Please think about it, i am well aware of this human, what else do you have to lose?" Karl thought about it, then relented. "Right... i see. I accept your offer." Basil's grin only widened.

"Then i believe it is settled." You refused to comment, side eyeing Karl. He shot you a rather stern look, indicating there would be no further debate on the issue. "I have managed to convince Cornelius to cease his searching, however i am afraid that will not last." Basil had started to pace back and forth at this point. "You ought to concoct a simpler plan," he grinned to himself. Karl looked largely offended, unimpressed by his fellow watchers' antics. "If you believe you are much more intelligent, what do you suggest?" Basil stopped pacing, his back to the both of you. "I suggest we shall bring her to my chambers."

"Do not think i fall to such tricks."

Basil let out a scoff at Karl's retort. "Truly, do you wish for her to perish? Gone to the demon's clutches?" Karl clenched his fists. "Oh? How unprofessional, wouldn't you agree?" Karl had nothing else, Basil had him cornered. "I see.... However. If i find her deceased, i shall personally cause you to vanish." The vague threat didn't seem to sway the other statue. "Ah, you finally see the importance, hm?"  Basil placed his hand on your shoulder, causing you to involuntarily tense.

"I suggest we make haste. Our path won't be cleared forever." Karl refused to speak any further. Basil let go of your shoulder, bowing slightly and offering you his arm. With no other option, you took it. "Let us waste no more time." Basil guided you out the door, leaving Karl behind.

"I suggest you remain silent." Basil leaned down slightly to your level. "You would not want the other three gentlemen to  discover you." Instinctively, you went a bit closer to the mischievous statue. The light of the chandelier illuminated the wall, forcing you to leave the comfortable dark behind. Basil warily kept you close to the wall, ready to respond to any given threat. The smile on his face was gone, replaced by a cautious frown. He swiftly guided you through the halls, pulling you by the arm. "If we are to be discovered, remain silent and follow my lead," he hissed through his golden teeth. You nodded, daring not to speak a word. "We are close, see."

 Nearing a beautifully door, he picked up his pace, until a voice called out.

"And where do you think you are going, Basil?"

(this sucked and was short, but i wanted to update, lol)