Chapter 20

[Dan's POV]

I try phoning again and again, it's no use though. Phil won't pick up his phone, it's driving me insane.

"Where are you?" I whine to myself.

"He still won't pick up?" Louisa asks.

"Nope" I sigh. I wonder where he is?

"Interesting" she leans into Georgie's shoulder.

I've now learnt that Georgie is in a foster home, along with 16 other children. I didn't think that was even aloud? Anyway, Georgie met Louisa when she came to drop off pizza. They hit off after that. I told them my story with Phil, but they're both confused.

"What do you reckon he's doing?" I ask.

"Another guy" Louisa smirks and Georgie elbows her in the ribs "ow!"

"He's probably sorting out something private, he'll tell you sooner or later" she explains.

"Hopefully sooner" I sigh.

We sit in silence for a few minutes, as Louisa traces Georgie's jaw line. My phone starts to ring and I answer it straight away.

"Phil?"

"No, this is Nurse Stevie" a blunt voice comes from the other end of the line.

"Ew, why are you calling me?"

"Phil told me to" she sounds bored.

"You're- You're with... Phil? I can't hide the disappointment.

"Sort of, anyway, he wants you to come to the hospital he came to before"

"Why?" I ask, nervously. What has Phil done?

"Ask any more questions and I'll personally stab you so that you have to come to the hospital" she snaps.

"Okay" I huff.

"There's nothing-" I hang the phone up and make my way to the bus stop, after saying goodbye to my friends, obviously.

---
[Phil's POV]

"Is she okay?" I ask the nurse before me. She's a brunette, tall girl with beautiful dark brown eyes. They remind me of Dan's.

"She'll be fine, Nurse Stevie's sorting her out" this doesn't make me feel any more secure but I'll live with it. I sit on the allegedly uncomfortable blue chairs and take my phone out. There's no charge what-so-ever. What if Dan has tried to call?

"Phil!" A girl calls, I recognise it straight away. Why does Kayleigh keep popping up wherever I am? Oh yeah, she's a stalker.

"Hello" I smile.

"Why are you here?" She looks confused, then a worried loom crosses her face "not Dan?"

"No!" I tell her, shocked at her assumption.

"Does Dan know you're here?" She's a lot quieter then usually.

"No, he doesn't" I sigh, I need to call him somehow "why are you here?"

"My mum thinks I'm 'crazy' or something" she scoffs.

"Well...." I stop myself, I'm not usually rude "you're not"

"Thanks" she says and walks off, without any screaming, crying or strangling what-so-ever. That was... strange. As she walks away Stevie exits the operation room.

"Stevie" I stand up.

"Yes?"

"Is she.. Okay?" I ask, not knowing if I want to know the answer.

"Yeah" she smiles, walking towards the front desk, where Kayleigh is. She's staring at Stevie in pure hatred, they've met?

"Can you do me a favour and call Dan to ask him to come here?" I ask.

"Sure honey" Stevie replies and walks into the staff room with a clip board she just picked up.

"Are you okay?" I ask Kayleigh, who looks like she's going to pass out.

"Not really" she tells me "follow me" she orders.

I follow the unnaturally tall girl into the operation room, are we even aloud in here? I see Emma lay there, her ginger hair sprawled across the dull sheets. I look up to the heart monitor and see that it is pumping at an alarmingly slow pace. What's happening?

"She's dying" Kayleigh whispers.