Part 5

Embers POV

I groan and open my eyes. I panic and quickly get up. I'm in a room. It's split in half. One side is pitch black. And the other side is a deep red. I'm on the deep red side. "Hahaha" I hear someone laugh. It's a creepy laugh. One you would expect to hear in an asylum. "You must prove yourself. Ember. Prove you deserve to live. Prove you deserve to be a Sound Devil Slayer. Prove you can save others. Prove your worth Ember." I hear Shad say. I squint into the pitch black.

When suddenly i see two white dots. I watch as they disappear and reappear. As if someone is blinking. I hold my breath as I watch Shad walks out of the shadows. "How do I prove my self?" I ask. "Fight me. You must win." Shad tells me. "And if i don't win?" I ask. "I will take over. I will be incontrol. You will watch as I do anything I want to do." Shad tells me, a smirk on their face. "Well, I don't want that. So let's do this." I say.

Shad goes back into the shadows. Suddenly I feel like something is picking me up off the ground. And like I'm wrapped up in rope. But nothing is on me. Sound. Sound magic must be like air magic in some way. My hands light on fire and a ball of light surrounds me. I hear Shad groan at the light. I push the light into the darkness. I watch as it all turns light and I get dropped to the ground and whatever had a hold of me disappears. I stand up and look at Shad. Whos half of the room is now white.

I trap him in a water bubble. And I quickly freeze it. I wrap vines around it. Then I put rocks around it. I put fire inside with him. I hear him scream a little as I shake the ball around. Making him fly side to side. I tighten the ball. Making it smaller and smaller. After a minute Shad breaks free and looks at me. He has burns on their body along with bruises. "You will not win." Shad tells me. "I might not. But from what I see. You're the only one that's hurt right now." I say.

Shad glares at me and wraps me up in magic once again. But this time I can't get free. I struggle and use my magics. But he blocks everything. He throws me from side to side. My body hitting the walls of the room over and over. I feel bruises forming. And blood dripping from cuts. "You will die. You will never see your brother again. You're nothing but a pathetic little girl." Shad says. I feel myself grow angry. I don't know how. But I put Shad in the same position as I am in.

I have him in the air. I wrap the invisible ropes around their neck. But they are not invisible. Not to me. At least mine aren't invisible. I can see them now, they are almost transparent. But I can see them. I can see the sound waves around me. They come off my body. A sound in the walls. Sounds from Shad. I see the sound coming from everywhere. I make a huge axe with the sound around me. And I use it to chop Shads head off. I drop to the ground and I drop Shad's body as well. I pant. Then everything goes black. "You win. I'm sorry."