Part 10

Embers POV

I sigh as I look at myself in the mirror in David's bathroom. All of my veins are blackened. My hands twitch every now and then. My veins are starting to turn black on my chest and neck. I know if this continues for much longer I will die. Rain and Shad try to make me leave. But I don't, I can't. I have to protect Kit, Tapio, and Mario. Mario got back from his mission not too long ago. Speaking of missions, I have to go on another one today or tomorrow.

I haven't gone on a mission in two days. And if i don't go on one soon, Ritchie will be even more mad. The sound of thunder and lighting snaps me out of my thoughts. I quickly get dressed. Putting my bandana around my neck, to hide my blackening veins. I run out and down to the bar. I see everyone rush out of the bar. I smile a little when I see David and Lucas. But my smile disappears when I see Ritchie. And boy is he mad. I don't listen to anyone as I join into the fight.

My eyes widen as Ritchie directs a killing blow to Kit. I watch as Tapio jumps in front of Kit before I am able to. I watch as it hits him and leaves a hole in his chest. I run to him and kneel down. "R-red... You did good. You kept us all safe. Thank.... You..." Tapio tells me after he talks to Kit. A tear fall from my eye as the small cat dies. I slowly stand up and look around. The whole island is destroyed. Luckily I keep all my money on me at all times. So I don't have to worry about that.

"....Red?" I hear Lucas ask. I turn and look at him. "Hi Lucas. It's been a while." I tell him. "What... What happened to you? You look so... Different." He asks me. "I'll tell you later." I tell him. He nods and looks back at Kit. I slowly pick up Tapio and walk to the corner of the island. A part that wasn't touched. Everyone follows after me. I use my magic to move the dirt. Making a grave. I use my earth magic to make a stone coffin. And I slowly lower Tapio down into the coffin. I make a lid for it and then I cover the coffin with dirt. Kit sniffles and I walk to her and wrap my arms around her. She cries into my chest. Her arms wrapped around my stomach. "I'm so sorry hun." I whisper to her. 

a/n: Guess who's back!!!!!!!! I hope you all enjoyed!