Maddison Birchson

What was she doing with her life?
Pinching the bridge of her nose, Maddison Birchson listened to the radio chatter of the police car she had just stolen, a bucket of spraypaints waiting on the passenger seat, as well as the old license plates, new ones already in place. She'd paid in cash, not card, to prevent any of her activities from being linked back to the crime once the car was dumped somewhere.
Both the daughter of a skilled mechanic, and one herself, Maddy had grown up replacing license plates, repainting cars, swapping engines- In reality, this probably wasn't the first time she had stolen a police car, or helped to so do.
Not that Maddy would remember, she pondered as she drove down the road, keeping to smaller, quieter streets, the last time she had helped her father steal and hide a car in plain sight, she had been ten and not fully aware of the life she was living. All she knew was she helped her father doing something she loved, and if it went well, he would buy her whatever she wanted. So if her father were to wake up one day and see her name in the paper as a car thief, he would not be surprised in the slightest, albeit slightly annoyed that she got caught. He'd taught her better than that, after all.
Five and a half hours until the race gave her more than enough time to deck this beauty out. The engine was already top-notch, although it wasn't as good as Claire's previous car.
Turning the car onto the road that led to her home, she parked it in her garage, switching off the engine and eyeing the car paints and wraps that littered the surrounding area.
It was time for Maddy to get to work.
Sliding out of the car, Maddison had a little chuckle to herself.
Officer Corey Strickland was not going to be pleased with what she did to his car...