Corey Strickland

Corey was determined to pull this off.
He'd ignored Dunfield's phone calls all day, instead creating a plan of his own that he was hoping, against all odds, would work. He had to time this perfectly, or he would miss his one and only opportunity. Maddy had helped explain what he would need to do, the speed he would have to be travelling at.
It was downright terrifying, but he could do this. Racing was not in his blood, in fact, it scared the living Hell out of him, but it was necessary for him to rescue the woman he loved.
It was now midnight down at the Docks, a massive crowd gathering to witness Triple Digit's final race in an hour. He did not know if the killer had released a final video for her.
After returning Maddison to the hospital, Corey had come back to the Docks, and, following Maddison's instructions, taken a car for himself. He knew very little about it, but he didn't need much knowledge about it.
All he needed to know was it drove fast.
Easing the car into his hiding place between two warehouse buildings, facing the water of the bay and the street the cars would come flying down, Corey buckled his seatbelt, and sent a prayer up to whoever might be listening that this worked...