Doubt

The car pulled up in front of the house. "I'm gonna go tell everyone you won," Harper ran inside, as excited as she could be.

Dad stayed inside the car for a few moments, contemplating how to go about her powers and how she kept them a secret. He went inside without an answer.

Harper opened the front door and saw Zoey lying back on the couch and scrolling through her phone.

Then she remembered, and she moved quietly to surprise Zoey. Harper took a pillow and threw it on her, and Zoey dropped her phone on the ground from the shock.

She picked up the phone and threw the pillow back at the giggling Harper.

"What?" She screamed. "Get up. We're going to play your favorite game," Harper teased, and Zoey's interest piqued.

"What game?" She asked, but Harper just started walking upstairs. Zoey followed her to her room. "So?" Zoey was annoyed at this point.

"I have a date with that girl, and I, uh, need your help," Harper stuttered.

Zoey smiled. "Oh, that favorite game. Don't worry, baby sis, I got you," Harper rolled her eyes, and Zoey was already inside her closet.

"I'll also need you to drive me there," Harper yelled to the closet. "Naturally. I'd be happy to drive my baby sis to a date with her girlfriend," Zoey giggled as she came back with a full outfit.

"How?" Harper asked. "Easily," she answered, "go put this on, and then I'll work on your makeup. I know just the look."

Harper went into the closet and changed clothes. She came out wearing her casual pink dress with black leggings and pink sneakers, as well as a pink scarf.

She sat down on the bed, and Zoey got to work, layering makeup on her face.

By the time she was done, Harper was breathtaking. They headed downstairs, trying to sneak for anyone who might see what they were up to.

Unfortunately for them, Mom had just opened the front door and entered the house.

"Oh hey, I was just about to come and find you. Where are you going all dressed up like that?" She asked, but Harper didn't know what to answer to please her without raising any alarms.

"Don't worry, Mom, it's just a date. It's not something you need to concern yourself," Zoey saved the day, kinda.

"Excuse me, last time you were so excited and waited all night with me to question her, and now I don't need to concern myself?"

Mom was right, and even Zoey couldn't counter her argument. "Please, just trust us, okay, Mom?" Harper said with an innocent puppy face.

"Oh, fine. However, I need to talk with you two, so tomorrow we'll be going to lunch together. Am I clear?" Zoey took the opportunity to push Harper out of the door.

"Crystal, Mom," she said as she closed it. "I thought we were dead," Zoey said as they both got in the car. "So, where are we headed?" She asked. "The mall."

The drive was quiet, but Zoey kept giggling to herself every few minutes. When they arrived, Harper turned to Zoey to speak but was stopped by Zoey's finger on her lips.

"I already know; just promise me I'll get to see you two kissing, okay?" Harper rolled her eyes.

"Why are you so obsessed with me and another girl? It's weird," Harper was a bit annoyed.

"It's a secret. Now here you go, and have fun." Zoey giggled again while she took a few bills from her purse and gave them to Harper.

"Thanks, you're a lifesaver, I think." Harper took the money and left the car.