xi. hey buttercup

Brandy and I were now gawking at one of the most beautiful sights we have ever seen. A gigantic roller coaster.

But it wasn't just simply a roller coaster. It was a roller coaster made for couples. The whole theme screamed love to everyone who passed by it. Unfortunately, there weren't a lot of people who went for a ride. It did look pretty horrifying. There were lots of loops and twists and the height of the roller coaster was five times my height.

"That is beautiful." Brandy muttered from afar before looking at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"More than beautiful." I whispered, not being able to strain my eyes away from the beautiful sight in front of me.

"We should go for a ride." He suggested and smirked.

I widened my eyes at him. "But that's a roller coaster meant for couples."

He shrugged. "It isn't against the rules to act like one."

I laughed at him. "Brandy, I suck at acting. Do you remember Drama class during sophomore year? I nearly failed the damn thing!"

He snorted before cackling harder. "You were actually pretty good back then...."

I smiled. "Really?"

"Yeah. Pretty good at being a horrible actress."

*smacks*

*smacks*

*smacks*

"You're an abusive rascal." He glared at me while rubbing his back.

I winked at him. "The absolute best."

His face turned serious. "Really, though. Let's pretend and act like a couple. Just for a night." He eyed the roller coaster. "Who wouldn't wanna ride that?"

"Well..."

He kneeled and grabbed my palms before pleading. "Please, Jane Wiggins."

"Don't give me the puppy eyes. They don't work on someone like me." I pointed out.

He just intensified the look and added a pair of pouting lips. It took me every ability I had to resist it. I closed my eyes for ten seconds to stop looking at his face. I opened them again, revealing a much cuter face.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath before directing my attention to him. "Fine, I give up."

He jumped up and down and gave me a big squeeze. "Best girl ever!"

I patted him on the back before chuckling. "I know."

He rolled his eyes. "Don't let my words inflate your ego."

"Speaking of acting and pretending, do we need to rehearse or ju-"

"Nope." He popped the letter 'p'. "Just follow my lead and you'll be fine."

I chuckled nervously. "I swear to God, I can feel it in the humidity of the air already. I'm gonna mess the whole thing up."

He gave me a reassuring smile. "As long as you're with me, you won't."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Don't be too confident."

"It's called faith, Jane." His words struck me like a bullet shot. I suddenly remembered Dylan saying the exact thing. It was pretty different without him around. Brandy was a good guy, that's for sure.

Let's just say that Dylan was basically my male version and not having him around felt like completely loosing my other half. I could practically hear him saying "That's so deep. Adele couldn't even roll in it." right now.