II. rX

season 1, episode 2

season 1, episode 2

10 years ago

Brixton grabbed her mother's hand and dragged her to the couch. Her mom let out a soft giggle and joined Cameron on the couch. Brantley walked in with a cape on and Brixton was dressed as a princess. 

"Today you will be seeing  our world famous act" Brantley announces to his parents as if they were an audience. Cameron and Kaydence, their mom, applauded them. 

"Mom, Dad, it hasn't even started yet. Be quiet" Brixton says while putting a hand on her hip. Cameron raises his hands in defense. Brantley hits a button and come as you are by Nirvana starts playing throughout the room.

Brantley has his air guitar and Brixton was singing along with Kurt Cobain. All their parents could do was laugh at the fact that their 5 and 6 year old knew the song by heart. 

-

-

present day

Brixton and Brantley stood back watching the shit show in front of them. The family was whining about not having their dad. I mean Brixton got it, but someone was not in good condition and all they were talking about was themselves. Brixton finally snapped.

"Listen up, we get it. Your dad and husband is back there, but we're all gonna get caught if we go back. We think it out and execute a plan" She sternly says. She sees the boy clench his jaw. She scoffs and rolls her eyes following John and Marcos who held Clarice in his arms. 

"Brix, go get your dad" John orders the girl. She nods scared for Clarice and rushes to get him. 

"Dad!" She yells while running towards him. 

"Honey? What's wrong?" He asks seeing the worry on his daughters face. 

"Clarice. I don't know what's wrong, but she needs help" Cameron just nods and runs downstairs. 

Cameron rushed to the girls side and checked her pulse. He let out a huff of air in relief when it was normal. He didn't move from beside the girl. Cameron was always one of the more empathetic people at headquarters. 

Brixton stood next to her brother who was next to the other pair of siblings. 

"You guys are Brixton and Brantley Hale right?" The girl asks. The siblings furrow their eyebrows. 

"um, yeah" Brantley says. "How did you know that?" Brixton questions.

"Everyone knows who you are. After what happened," The girl cuts the boy off. "You're just well known" She finishes and slightly glares at the boy.