¹² mother nature strikes again

┍━━━━━━━━━༺❁ུ۪۪⸙༻━━┑

┕━━━━━━━━━༺❁ུ۪۪⸙༻━━┙

[korean, english]

⠀⠀⠀⠀ THE FOUR'S JOURNEY up the fourteenth floor was a smooth one. They surprisingly did not run into any monsters. The whole walk just consisted of them all getting to know each other and Hyunsu and Imani bickering because the boy kept stepping on the back of her shoes.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Is he your boyfriend?" Gil-Sub asked Imani with an amused smile as he watched her smack the back of the poor boy's neck for stepping on the back of her shoes once again. She had warned him numerous times to get off her ass before she had to resort to violence. The pair immediately froze up, making instant eye contact.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Why does it always have to be 'are you dating?' and never, 'blink twice if you need help'—

⠀⠀⠀⠀Imani was the first to react by laughing.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"More like my child." She chuckled, receiving a glare from the child in question. She raised her eyebrows at him, raising her chin up. "You got an issue? What's up?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'm not a child." He mumbled. Imani just stared at him for a second before slowly nodding.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Right..." Imani replied sarcastically. "My apologies. Total grown man right here!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Absolutely." Gil-Sub chuckled.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"But seriously, he's my younger brother." She answered truthfully. Seeing the confused look on Gil-Sub and Yuri's faces, she clarified further. "Not by blood, of course! But by heart." She grinned, placing her hand over her heart. She looked over at the teenager next to her, playfully nudging his side with her elbow. "Right?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀ The boy remained silent, keeping his eyes on the ground ahead. He felt a slight pang in his heart but he attempted to hide it as best as he could but Imani noticed something was off. The sudden change made her feel nervous.

Did she make their friendship weird by saying that?

⠀⠀⠀⠀ She frowned, "So we're not family at this point?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀ He plastered a fake smile on his face to ease her nervousness. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and nodded. "Of course we are, noona. You are the only family I have."

⠀⠀⠀⠀But little did she know, he didn't want to be family to her.

He wanted to be more.