8

Jinsoul sat on the chair and observed the girl in front of her who was studying,

It has been 2 hours since they entered the library but the older girl couldn't care less, watching the girl alone typing on her laptop and studying was enough for her. It was never boring for her. "You sure you don't have a class?"

"No." She watch as Jungeun looked up meeting her eyes, "Unnie.."

"I'm serious. And don't worry I would ace any tests anyway. You should worry about yourself, you have a rival to beat." She smirked knowing she pissed of Jungeun a little,

"Unfair." The only thing that Jungeun could manage to say before going back to her work. Then, another silence.

"Hyunjin has been out of it lately." She suddenly said earning Jungeun's attention, "Your sister?" Jinsoul rolled her eyes, "Who else?"

Jungeun shrugged her shoulders before look back to her work, "She's just probably going through her teenager days."

"You sound like a grandmother." Jungeun scoff and shakes her head, "We both went through it so you should know that by now." The older girl gave her a disbelief look, "You're literally a year older than her!" She protested earning a scoff from the younger girl, "And you're only a year older than me which makes it you being two years older than her, not a big difference." Jinsoul groan in defeat knowing she can't beat the girl earning a victory smile from her.

"Now let me finish my homework so I can go and eat." Jungeun glared at Jinsoul before going back to her work.

Jungeun cleaned her things and placed everything into her bag and stood up, she then looked at Jinsoul who was sleeping while having her mouth wide open. She giggled at the sight before pulling out her phone and took a picture. Jinsoul stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes. She sat up sleepily and looked at Jungeun who was giggling on her phone. "What's so funny?"

Jungeun cleared her throat and put away her phone, "Jiwoo sent me something but anyways let's go I'm hungry." Jinsoul lazily stood up and followed the girl,

While walking through the hallway Jinsoul stopped Jungeun telling her that she needs to grab her wallet and keys from her locker. Jungeun stood a little bit far away from Jinsoul who was busy opening her locker just for the students to not start whispering around her. "Move loser." One of the girl said and bumped onto her shoulder hard making her drop her books.

She muttered some curse words but then the girls heard it as they stopped to turn towards her, "What the fuck did you say?!"

The group's leader approached her and grabbed her up to stand by her wrist and was about slap her when a hand stopped her. She looked at the owner of the hand and saw Jinsoul glaring at her. "What the fuck did I say about laying a hand on her?" Her voice was cold and deadly making the girl scared, "I..."

"You're going to be one of my victims if you don't fucking stop." She cut her off and swatted her hands away before crouching down to help Jungeun carry her books, "I told you to stay close to me." She whispered trying to sound soft but it was more like scolding for Jungeun. She was pulled up to stand again by Jinsoul but it was gentle this time. Without letting go of Jungeun's wrist Jinsoul gave the girl a final glare, "Don't ever fucking touch her again or I will not hesitate to send you all to the hospital." She warned before dragging Jungeun away from the scene.

It was a quiet ride in the car both haven't uttered a single word ever since they got out of the school. Jinsoul was focusing on her driving while Jungeun was just staring out at the window with so many thoughts.

"Next time make sure you're close to me. Don't mind them about saying shit about you. I can't afford enough to have you hurt again. You understand?" She quickly glanced at Jungeun who nodded her head, "I may not be always around but make sure you fight back against them. Don't show them weakness, retaliate so they would stop." She added before sighing,