Getting Married

"Oh she said yes!" Granny Fa says as Alexis walks into the room holding a basket.

"Who said yes?" Alexis asks as she sets the basket down on a table.

"When one's heart is overfilled with joy some may spill from the eyes." Fa Zhou says.

"Shang just proposed to your sister and she said yes." Fa Li says as she is crying tears of joy.

"You can say that again! I win the pot!" Granny Fa shouts happily as she pulls out some coins on a string.

"Actually you bet he would propose before sundown. I bet he would propose before noon." Fa Zhou says as Granny Fa reluctantly gives him the coins.

"But you don't gamble." Fa Li says as she looks at Fa Zhou.

"Betting against my mother is not a gamble. It's an investment." Fa Zhou says as he chuckles causing Alexis to chuckle slightly.

"Nice one father." Alexis says.

"You know when are you going to get with that tall boy?" Granny Fa asks as Alexis looks at her confused.

"What? Oh. Oh! Granny!" Alexis says annoyedly as she realizes she is talking about Ling.

"What?" Granny Fa asks innocently.

"Granny he is just a friend. Besides he doesn't see me that way." Alexis says as she picks her basket up.

"Not according to the chart." Granny Fa says proudly.

"You just got lucky granny. I fail to think that charts can guess something that specific." Alexis says disbelievingly.

"The charts never lie." Granny Fa says as Alexis playfully rolls her eyes and walks off.

*Timeskip*

"So did you really need to invite the whole town to celebrate? Wouldn't just our family been enough?" Alexis asks as she is with the family outside as the town is celebrating Mulan's engagement to Shang.

"Of course I had to! It's not every day one of your granddaughters is getting married. It's a big celebration." Granny Fa says as Alexis, Fa Zhou, and Fa Li listen to Shang and Mulan talking to the townspeople.

"Oh you hear that?" Fa Li asks seeing Mulan and Shang both saying different things to questions.

"Not exactly a harmonious couple are they?" Fa Zhou says.

"What should we do?" Fa Li asks.

"Perhaps we should give our gift to the children now." Fa Zhou says as people come running over on horses.

"General Shang, Fa Mulan. Orders from his majesty the Emperor." A man says as Alexis goes up to Mulan.

"Is there trouble?" Alexis asks.

"Yes. Report to the Imperial Palace." The guard says as he hands Mulan and Shang scrolls.

"We'll leave at once." Shang says as he bows respectfully before the guards leave.

*Timeskip*

As Alexis is heading to town she soon stops as Shang and Mulan ride up to her on their horses.

"Oh Alexis there you are. Heading into town?" Mulan asks as Alexis nods.

"Yes. I thought maybe a trip into town might do me some good since I wasn't called with you." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Alright. I'll see you when we get back." Mulan says as she smiles at Alexis.

"Be careful." Alexis says.

"We will!" Mulan says as she rides off with Shang.