Newly Weds

"So why is it again you wanna bring me to the temple? Shouldn't we be preparing for our wedding in the next two weeks?" Ling asks as Alexis is walking with him to the temple two months after getting back home.

"It can wait a minute and besides I have someone I'd like to speak to about something." Alexis says.

"Uh okay?" Ling says before he and Alexis see Mulan and Shang at the temple.

"Oh Mulan. I wasn't expecting you to be here." Alexis says.

"You either with Granny Fa fussing about you since she learned the news." Mulan says as she giggles slightly as Ling smiles proudly.

"Oh yeah. Trust me. Been kinda hard to dodge that." Alexis says before Mushu comes sliding out on the floor.

"Oops." Mushu says as Ling and Shang look at him.

"Ah! Snake!" Ling shouts in fear.

"Not snake. Dragon. I don't do that whole tongue thing." Mushu says as he flicks his tongue out at Ling.

"Hello there Mushu." Alexis says as she smiles.

"So this is the famous Mushu." Shang says.

"Yep." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Somehow I pictured you.. bigger." Shang says.

"Wait a minute. So you're what bit me in the lake that night!?" Ling asks in shock.

"To be fair it wasn't preferable on my end either. You have a very nasty flavor boy. Also you told them about me? About us?" Mushu asks in disbelieve.

"I have no secrets from my husband. I told him everything." Mulan says as she smiles at Shang.

"Everything? Everything?" Mushu asks nervously.

"That's right great golden dragon of unity." Shang says as he smiles.

"And I my soon to be husband everything. Speaking of which I had something really important I wanted to ask you Mushu." Alexis says as she kneels down beside Mushu.

"What?" Mushu asks as he looks at Alexis.

"Well Ling and I-" Alexis then gets cut off by Ling.

"We're gonna have a baby!" Ling shouts excitedly.

"You're what!?" Mushu asks in shock.

"And I wanted to know if you would like to be the guardian of our child when they're born." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Girl you're joking right? Of course I wanna be the guardian! I'm gonna be the best guardian ever to that kid. You can count on me!" Mushu shouts excitedly.

"I still don't get it. What does combining our temples do?" Mulan asks as she looks at Shang.

"It gives me back my pedestal." Mushu shouts as he jumps up and down on his tail.

"Oh... Wait but can you do this? Aren't there rules?" Alexis asks.

"Of course. Right next to rules about dressing up like men." Shang says.

"And joining the army." Ling says as Alexis and Mulan both give nervous smiles.

"Well what do you know? This thing just might work out after all." Mushu says as he gets on Shang's hat and plays with it.