thirty

BGK

We were flying back to Houston today and to say I wasn't excited would be an understatement.

I was enjoying how things were, now I have to deal with Naomi. I know she's my wife but I'm going to be nothing but stressed when I get back.

We left the hotel in the middle of the night because our flight was at 5am. Onika was wrong for that.

Nobody said a word on our way to the rental car place, or the airport. We all just stared at each other and our phones with tired eyes.

I was sitting next to Onika, Beau and Asha were across from us and Giselle was asleep in my lap. I was tired myself, it was only a matter of time before I was asleep too.

Onika tapped my thigh and I looked over at her. "Can I talk to you?"

"About what?"

She pointed somewhere, "Over there. You know how a certain someone likes to eavesdrop."

I carefully put Giselle in the seat next to me and stood up. We walked a couple seats over and sat down.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I was kind of nervous.

"What do you expect to happen when we go back to Houston?"

I shrugged, "I don't know." This is complicated.

"Well in that case, I don't think we should have sex anymore."

"Okay." I'm wondering if I should pull an Onika and just not listen. That's how I've been having this false sense of confidence, I'm channeling my inner Onika.

"So... okay?"

"It take two people to have sex so if you don't want to, what can I do?"

"So you're not going to be flirting with me or sneaking touches?"

"Sure." Let's see.

"So you're going to stay married to Naomi?"

"I don't want to think about that right now." Because I don't really know.

"You know you can't say anything what happened on this trip, right? Like, nothing. It'll blow up everything and I've been in therapy too long to beat anybody's ass."

She was just trying to fight Lauren but I won't say anything before she gets mad at me again. "I won't say anything, I'm the one that should be worried about you say something."

I know Onika. The second Naomi makes her mad, she's going to bring up that she fucked he's wife.

"You know my g- whatever will literally beat my ass if she finds out we had sex. I'm not kidding, she'll actually beat my ass."

"... Very domestic. Yikes."

"I can count the amount of times we've gotten physical on one hand, it's not like we're always fighting. But that's besides the point. Don't say anything and I won't say anything."

"Okay. Can we at least kiss one more time? I need it before I go back."

She smiled, "Only because you're a really good kisser."

"Come sit in my lap. Please, it's a goodbye."

She rolled her eyes but still moved and got into my lap. "Don't do too much."

"Mhm."

I put my hand around her neck just because I know she likes it and pulled her down. We started kissing and I slipped my tongue into her mouth.