Page 14

"While we finish hashing out whatever, I need to do some things. Alex take the egg. Carefully but hold tight, babies in eggs can move hard when they are trying to break the egg and get out." He nodded and held it securely. "Simon give me a hand." The man helped me carry everything into the bedroom. He held up the garden sheers I asked for.

"Dare I ask what you wanted these for?"

"Multiple things. Eggs are very hard. If the baby gets in distress I'll have to help them out. If they are an eagle like me I may need to trim their beak to keep them from harming themselves or me, and talons the same way."

"Their beak, won't that hurt?"

"No. It's like trimming a finger nail." I got out the black towels I'd asked for and made a little nest in the tub. "Alex." I called he came in I put the egg in the little nest. "Here while I get everything else ready just sit here and keep an eye on it. Dad, will you get this out and ready." I handed the mini go-pro camera that I'd asked for.

"What's this for?"

"I want to record it. It's my first baby." He smiled and got it out of it's package. As I got all the baby things out I was nervous. I hoped it went alright. All kinds of things could go wrong but so far my little baby had been text book. I got the latex gloves and went back to Alex.

"If it starts to hatch put these on. Baby birds can have lots of germs. Don't touch your face after you touch anything from the inside of the egg. Gerry." I saw him surprised as called for him. "You've been to a hatching before right?"

"Yes."

"Will you help him watch you'll know if some thing is off. I want to sort things and get them ready. If anything happens you call for me." He nodded and leaned against the sink. Alex glanced at the man and went back to watching our egg. It took me a while to sort everything I was just about ready for anything. Hearing a noise I went to the living room and saw Simon at the box he'd pushed in. I'd forgotten about it.

"What is that?" I asked. He spun the box around. It was a white and yellow bassinet. I grinned.

"Apparently as he was going through the baby things he realized that dresser drawers weren't great for babies." I laughed.

"Here I'll help you get it set up." Dad said handing the ready go-pro to me. I smiled and hurried into the bathroom Alex and Gerry were glaring at each other.

"Okay what's wrong?" I asked.

"It's fine. Just ironing out some issues." I rolled my eyes. I'd let them work it out among themselves. I clipped the camera onto the shower soap dish and got it set.

"As soon as you hear the first crack hit record." I went and got some of the baby clothes ready and then made up three bottles. It would be up to the baby when they got hungry. When I was sure everything was ready I went back to the bathroom. Alex tugged me over and sat me on his knee.

"Everything ready?"

"Yes." I gave him a deep kiss. "I love the bassinet it's perfect." He grinned at me. "With the baby here almost, I have one worry."

"What?" He asked frowning in concern.

"How do you do your job and me go to my classes with a baby?"

"Well since I'm not teaching this year I can keep the baby during the day while you take classes. With us all right here you can see them anytime you want. I have a feeling you are going to get a lot of tardies and end up with detention."

"You aren't teaching this year?"

"No. The council is thinking of expanding the school. Adding a middle school as well. They want me to consult with them about it. I can get another bassinet for my office and I bought a baby sling if you did want to take them to classes with you. The council's only thought was that they wanted to make sure that this didn't cause a big disruption through the school." I smiled. He'd really jumped onto the ball and had it moving. I saw Gerry move, he got up and headed for the living room.