Chapter Three: The Worst Came...

Lena opened her eyes, squinting in broad daylight from her window. Its warmth reminded her of someone whose personality could be summed up as a golden retriever in human form. And the chilly morning made her wish that said person was next to her. As she sat up, she ran her hand through her hair, finding her raven locks tangled. The stress of last night's events was getting to her. And the nightmares she had proved to be a symptom of it. As Lena got up and walked into her bathroom, images of Lillian attacking Kara resurfaced in her mind, and like poison in her mouth, it made her sick. But she pushed past the nauseous feeling and continued with her morning routine. And as she exited her bathroom, hair in a ponytail, a dark emerald-green 3-piece pantsuit highlighting her figure and piercing green eyes, and sporting a burgundy shade of lipstick, she put her transmatter portal watch into her pocket.

The ravenette's phone chimed, prompting her to walk to her bed. The notification told her it was a text from Kara's sister.

Alex: Lena, have you heard from Kara? I went by her apartment this morning, but she didn't answer the door.

Lena: No, not since last night. Do you think something happened?

Alex: I don't know, but it is unusual for her to ignore me like that.

Lena pocketed her phone and tried to ignore the sinking feeling that her mother had something to do with Kara. She exited her apartment and headed to the black Mercedes waiting for her. As she hopped into it, going to buckle herself in, she noticed something about the driver. Her usual one always greeted her with a friendly 'how's your day, Ms. Luthor?'. But this time, there was no such greeting. And it seemed her driver was unusually quiet this morning. That raised her suspicions. Lena was about to ask a question when someone else opened the door and stepped inside.

"Hello, Ms. Luthor," said the guy as he moved closer to her. "Your mother has requested your presence."

Before the youngest Luthor could respond or do anything, a cloth covered her mouth and nose. She tried to avoid inhaling the acetone-like smell that invaded her senses. However, her assailant kept the fabric over her mouth, forcing her to breathe it in. Her hands clawed at his as she tried to free herself. As a result, there were angry red lines all along his hands and wrists from her assault. Lena's efforts were in vain, though, as he kept his grip on her, bruising her nose from the force. And after a few minutes, she began to pass out from the chloroform fumes. Her vision distorted, and her eyes drifted close as the drug took effect.

* * *

An hour later, the Mercedes arrived at the new destination — the dock, where Kara was trapped inside. Jason turned the engine off and got out the driver's side, and walked over to where the ravenette was sitting, slumped over in the back seat. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a pair of zip-tie handcuffs, securing her hands in front of her. And grabbing a bottle of water from the backside of the passenger seat, Jason splashed her face, waking her up. He stepped back and waited until she was conscious enough to walk.

"Wh-where am I?" asked Lena as she looked around.

"At the meeting location," replied Jason. "Now, get out and start walking. We mustn't keep your mother waiting."

Lena groaned and tried to move her hands, finding they were bound. The plastic dug into the skin of her wrists and pinched in certain areas. And the more she struggled to escape the restraints, the worse the pain got. It was enough to snap her out of the stupor caused by the chloroform aftermath. Before Lena could make another attempt to free herself, the youngest Luthor got forcibly pulled out of the vehicle by Jason. The salty air made her realize she was at Luthor Corp's secret dock facility. Seeing that her brother had the nerve to continue constructing buildings while she cleaned up his first mess pissed her off. Between Leviathan and her relationship with Kara, hadn't he done enough? A hand grabbing her arm pulled Lena from her thoughts.