Chapter 4

After practice, which was mostly Daichi and Suga asking them questions that ranged from what they knew about volleyball to what they did in their spare time, the three of then started making their way home when something caught their attention.

The tiny tangerine and the grumpy blueberry were practicing volleyball receives. Tsukishima scoffed.

"So those are our opponents on Saturday?"

"Ha, we can take them easily, can't we Tsukki?", Yamaguchi gushed.

"Shut up Yamaguchi"

"Goman Tsukki", Yamaguchi laughed sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. Akira frowned. 

Ever since 'that' incident, Kei had slowly been trying to cut off all his friends, sometimes without realizing it. It had worked with most of their previous 'friends' from secondary school, Yamaguchi was the only one who had stuck with them, and now Kei was trying to push even him away.

'Over my dead body', Akira thought. Those other people might not have been their friends, but Akira would literally beat Kei to a pulp before he allowed him to chase Yamaguchi away too.

Tsukishima moved over to where the tangerine was trying to catch a ball that had been thrown too far. Just before it hit Shrimpy's face, he caught it on one, large hand.

"Wow, they're really doing this outside?", Tsukishima asked no-one, sounding bored, "Are you the first years that stirred up trouble up trouble on the first day".

"Hah? Tee-shirts? Chilly", Yamaguchi snickered as he walked up behind Tsukishima. Akira just stood a little way away in the darkness, watching the scene unfold.

Shrimpy looked intimidated, before he pulled himself together and tried to get the ball back from Tsukishima.

"Give it Back!", he yelled, leaping like a tiny jumping bean.

"Isn't it time for elementary school boys to go home?", Tsukishima mocked, causing the tiny tangerine to shiver with rage.

"WHO ARE YOU GUYS ANYWAY?!", he shouted. Grumpy blueberry appeared from behind him.

"You're the other first years joining the club", he stated simply. He seemed to be studying Tsukishima and Yamaguchi intensely, "How tall are you?".

"Oi! I was talking here! Hey!", Shrimpy fumed, if he had hackles like a dog they'd be well and truly raised by now. However, he was completely ignored.

"Tsukki is 188cm, he'll be 190 soon", Yamaguchi bragged.

"190?!", Shrimpy yelped.

"What are you bragging about, Yamaguchi?"

"Goman Tsukki"

"You're Kageyama from Kitagawa Daiichi, aren't you?", Tsukishima asked. Akira scowled. Tsukishima knew full well who this guy was, so why wouldn't he tell him?!

"What's an elite like you doing in Karasuno?"

"Hah?" Kageyama asked angrily.

"HEY!" a tiny tangerine interrupted ferociously. Finally the other two boys paid attention to him.

"WE WON'T LOSE ON SATERDAY!", he exclaimed determinedly.

There was an awkward silence.

"Oh, I see", Tsukishima spoke, uninterested, "This may be an important match for you two, but it doesn't matter to me at all. I'm not worried about winning or losing, so if you two really want to win, I can go easy on you if you like." He gave a really fake smile that rubbed everyone up the wrong way.