Chapter 7

Monday afternoon found the Karasuno men's volleyball team sitting down in a circle on the gym floor.

"Now!", Daichi called for their attention, "Concerning the positions for the practice match..."

Everybody waited in anticipation.

"I think we should do it like this", Daichi held up a whiteboard with red markers with their names and positions on them.

"I want to use Hinata and Kageyama as a set..."

The two first years glared at each other.

"And Tsukishima is one of our few tall players. I want to see how you fight against Seijoh", Daichi directed the last part to Tsukishima.

"Yes", Tsukishima answered, sounded like he couldn't care less (which he really didn't).

Meanwhile, Yamaguchi and Akira had gloom written all over their faces.

'Am I really that useless that they don't want me as a player?', Yamaguchi asked himself, dismayed.

' "One of our few tall players?" WHAT AM I, PORK CHOPS!!!', Akira screamed internally. He was only smaller than Kei by 4 measly cm! He was still taller than everybody else. 'At least I'll have Yama-kun for company. He better not be beating himself up over this!'.

Akira looked over at the other boy, who looked destressed. Akira put his hand on his friend's knee, letting him know that he wasn't alone. Akira couldn't be sure, but he swore he saw Yamaguchi blush a little.

'Oh Kami, I hope he isn't sick!'

"Listen Hinata...", Akira tuned back in just in time to see the grumpy blueberry stand up and point at the tiny tangerine, "You are the ultimate decoy!"

"Ooooooowa!!! The Ultimate...... ...... decoy?" The bright orange bundle of sunshine suddenly deflated as he processed Kageyama's words.

"We'll let you score a lot of points using quick attacks" Kageyama continued, "that will direct the opponent's attackers onto you. That's when the other spikers will come into play".

"Oh?!" Shrimpy suddenly brightened up.

"Big guys like Tsukishima will fall like idiots to your movements" Kageyama smirked at the thought, "That'll feel good, won't it?!"

"Ooooowaaaaa!!! I like it. I like it a lot!", the tiny tangerine had sparkles dancing all around him. Akira giggled at the scene ('Adorable!', someone cooed at the sight of the tall blonde giggling cutely).

"On the other hand, if you're not effective...... the other attacks will fail too" Kageyama warned, causing the small orange-top to shiver and freeze up.

"Hey...", Daichi came up from behind Kageyama, "Don't put so much pressure on him!" he whisper-yelled. But it was too late, the tiny tangerine was all shaken up now and was muttering to himself with a dark aura surrounding him. Everyone else sweat-dropped.

"You see what you've done now!" Daichi scolded Kageyama.

Akira went over to see if the orange-top was alright, he tried poking it, but there was no reaction.

"So Hinata, have confidence and—"

"YES I'LL DO MY BEST! I'LL SCORE LOTS OF POINTS AND BE A GOOD DECOY!!!" Hinata interrupted Daichi, looking absolutely terrified, "I'LL SERVE. BLOCK. QUICK. EVERYTHING!!!!!"

"Hey, hey! Calm down!!!" Daichi tried desperately to calm the tiny tangerine. It was all for naught though.

Hinata's face turned an interesting shade of red and suddenly went slack.

"HE BLEW A FUSE! HINATA BLEW A FUSE!!" Daichi screamed as chaos erupted in the gym. Tanaka screamed and Akira grabbed a bucket of popcorn out of nowhere and offered Tsukishima one as they watched the chaos unfold.

***time-skip***

The next afternoon, the Karasuno volleyball team lined up outside the bus, bowing to thank their teacher for driving.

Akira sat as near to the front as possible, he'd taken his tablets at lunchtime and hoped that they had kicked in by now. He had a spew bag in his backpack just in case (Akira gets horrible travel sickness).

Tanaka and Hinata were goofing around at the back.

"Hey Hinata, I'll give you something to eat.... eh?" Tanaka trailed off as he noticed the look of doom on his kohai's face.

"Ah... what is that look on your face!"

"Oh..." Hinata looked up with dark bags under his eyes, "I couldn't sleep last night... mmmmmgg"

Hinata's face took on a greenish tinge, "The window.... Can I open the window...... ugh........ blaaaaaagggghhhh?"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! STOP THE BUS!!!!!!!!"

'Oh dear, this is worse than I thought', Akirasweat-dropped and deadpanned at the same time, while covering his nose with ahandkerchief to stop the smell from making him sick too............ it didn't work.Akira threw up all over the floor of the bus and everything erupted into chaos.

**********

Author's notes: Poor Akira, I get really bad travel sickness too. I got once got seasick on a houseboat on a river..... it was not fun. 

So, before people start throwing things at me for not updating in forever, I do have a valid excuse. You see, I spent Christmas in intense pain and boxing day in hospital due to a back injury. It has taken me weeks to get to the point where I can actually sit down for any length of time to write things and even then I can only sit for about 30 minutes at a time before the pain begins to become unbearable. 

Anyways, sorry for the unpredictable updates, I promise I haven't abandoned this story.

Stay safe. Love ya all!