CHAPTER 1

~• Maddy •~

Another exhausting day ahead. Halos ayaw ko nang bumangon mula sa higaan. Pagod na pagod talaga ako. Pero siyempre bumangon pa din ako para mag-trabaho na naman.

Naka-check in ako ngayon sa isang napaka-luxurious na hotel dito sa America. Next door is my manager and some of the crew to get me ready for the schedule today.

Hindi naman sa pagrereklamo, pero medyo nakakawalang gana nang tumira sa ganitong buhay.

Many people think that I'm living a perfect life, but no. My life is far from perfect. It's even far from happy.

Yes, my life is luxurious. I live in a fancy apartment. I go to different places for my concerts and endorsements. I also love singing and dancing and being loved by so many people. Kahit hindi ako kumikita masyado.

That's right, hindi ako masiyadong kumikita sa kabila ng sobrang bibigat kong projects and sponsors dahil halos napupunta iyon lahat sa agency at manager ko. Naturingan akong nasa top charts singer and sobrang kalat ang mukha ko sa mga endorsements pero mas marami pang pera sa akin ang mga mas mababa ang ratings sa'kin. I'm a minor, and my family is far from me, so I can't do anything but to be a puppy to the people who helped me out of our poor life.

I looked at the picture of my family, one look at their precious smiles gives me reasons to continue working. I miss them so much.

Mapatayuan ko lang sila ng malaking bahay, makakapahinga na rin ako.

I went to work and I was running late so I didn't had breakfast. Again.

I went to the beauty room of the studio and got my hair and make-up done. The agency's designer picked a dress for me. She asked me to wear a pair of shiny pink tube top and short pencil skirt.

But suddenly Ms. Ava interrupted.

"Please give her a denim jacket to cover up her large waist. And put more contour to make her face look slimmer." she said as if I wasn't there.

"I don't think that's necessary ma'am, Ms. Maddy looks perfect! She's one of the top idols in your country almost lining up with Korean idols! Plus, she's so talented." the designer said.

"You're being paid to pick dresses to cover up her flaws not to tolerate and compliment her. Now do as I say if you want to keep your job." Ms. Ava said.

"Okay ma'am, I'm sorry." the designer said as she starts to look for a denim jacket. I felt bad for how Ms. Ava treated her so I helped her look for one and I immediately found the perfect one. It really covered up my waist.

"Hey, don't listen to her. You look gorgeous even without that jacket, sadyang kailangan lang natin siyang sundin." sabi niya habang nilalagyan na ako ng karagdagang contour.

"Thank you, I really appreciate that. I'm sorry for how she treats you."

"Nah, sanay na ako sa kaniya. Matagal-tagal na rin ako nagta-trabaho sa agency na to." she replied.

Hindi ko na siya tatanungin kung bakit niya tinitiis na magtagal dito dahil alam ko namang pare-parehas lang kami ng mga dahilan.

A few minutes later I went to the backstage and prepared my vocals. Mahirap na, baka magkamali ako. One mistake, judgement will rain on me immediately. That's how life works, especially in this industry.

The intro of my new single played as the sliding doors of the stage opened giving me a grand entrance with smoke effects.

The audience got wild and I heard loud screams and cheers which gave me more energy to sing and dance confidently with my back-up dancers.

It's just that the denim jacket is quite uncomfortable and it hinders some of my dance steps.

But still, I nailed the song and the show was a blast. I waved at my fans before the floor I was standing on slowly went down as my exit.

I went back to the studio where Ms. Ava is sitting on the sofa holding her iPad where she watched my performance live. Nakakakaba kasi hindi ko man lang nakitang may ngiti siya kahit kaunti. Ano na naman bang mali ang nagawa ko?

"The denim jacket hid your waist but the make-up can't hide your eye bags and those eyes, it wasn't giving enough energy. It's like they are almost dead." she said.

"But those are normal, aren't they? I still nailed my performance."

"Maddyson, listen. You won't make it in this industry with mere talent. A perfect body and a beautiful face are more important. It's what catches people's eyes. You get it?" I reluctantly nodded even if I don't agree.

"Fix everything about you or else, say good bye to your career." she said and walked off leaving me there with teary eyes.

Humarap ako sa salamin. Looking at myself from head to toe.

"I'm still beautiful even with those eyebags, tired eyes, and an additional inch to my waist won't hurt."

I sighed.

"Hay nako Maddyson, huwag mo nang utuin ang sarili mo. Totoo namang nagbago ka nga talaga kumpara noong unang debut mo pa lang. You looked much... Happier." pagkausap ko sa sarili at pinunasan ang patak ng luhang tumulo pababa sa pisngi ko.

Pinunasan ko ang mga luha ko at tumungo sa mga gamit ko. I'm going to have lunch. I took it out of my bag and got my water.

Grabe ang sarap ng tanghalian ko, food supplement pill.

Humarap ulit ako sa salamin. I imagined my self as who I was when I was younger. I saw my reflection, wearing a pink gown, a tiara, and my happiest smile.

I closed my eyes as I remembered those days when I used to dream of being a princess. I envied those who are daughters of the President because they live in a big castle living the life of a princess like those I watch on tv.

I've always wanted to be a princess. Having servants, not being the servant. Rest and relax on my bed, and get the sleep that I can't even get now. Having the King and Queen, your parents care for you day and night and not worrying about how you look, and how people will react about your face, your weight and your whole appearance.

I wish I was a princess, not a money-making machine for people who don't even appreciate anything I do.