[ 001 ] stepping stone

𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔

chapter one ; stepping stone
[ season one, episode one ]

chapter one ; stepping stone[ season one, episode one ]

AMY STOOD IN THE BREAK ROOM with Erin. As terrible as the coffee was, they really needed it. "You doing okay?" Erin asked her.

It was a question Amy was used to at that point. "Yeah." She glanced at Erin. "I'm good."

"That stuff'll kill you now, apparently," Jay announced as he walked in. He made his way over and grabbed a mug. "I saw an article online."

"Well, that is the last on the very long list of things that I'm worried about," Erin retorted.

Amy went to put the coffee pot back, but before she could, Jay held out his mug to her. He smiled sheepishly at her. "Please."

Amy huffed as she poured the coffee. "Caitlin was asking about you." She changed the topic, sharing a look with Erin. She put the coffee pot back.

"Oh yeah. Tell her I say hi."

"So, no interest on your part?" Erin asked. She and Amy had been trying to set Jay up with someone. Amy needed the distraction.

"She's super sweet. But, my loss." Amy shook her head at him in disapproval. Jay let out a chuckle at her expression. "What?"

Amy didn't respond. She just got her coffee and walked out to the bullpen. Jay watched her leave. "I get it now," Erin spoke.

Jay turned to her. "Get what?"

"You don't want us to set you up because you have a crush."

Jay scoffed. "I don't have a crush." Erin wasn't convinced. "She's my partner and nothing more." They went out to the bullpen and sat by their desks. Antonio and Jules were already there.

Erin's desk was between Antonio and Amy. And Amy was across from Jay.

They didn't wait too long before their sergeant showed up with two officers behind him. Hank stopped to talk to Jin and motioned for the officers to keep walking.

"All right, listen up," Hank spoke to the detectives, who all turned their attention to him. He was standing next to the officers— Burgess and Atwater. "I got a name on those dope deaths. It's a dealer named Rev on South Emerald. Soon as Olinsky gets here—"

"I'm over here," the detective cut him off. Alvin leaned back in his seat, making himself visible to the rest. He had a half-eaten banana in his hand. "Hey."