[ 028 ] get back to even

𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔

chapter twenty-eight ; get back to even
[ season two, episode eighteen ]

chapter twenty-eight ; get back to even[ season two, episode eighteen ]

AMY SHOVED HER HANDS in her jacket pockets. It was a cold, snowy night, which unfortunately didn't stop criminals. "Watch your step," Antonio warned her, Jay, and Hank, who had all just arrived at the crime scene. "They're still flagging brain matter."

"Truck driver?" Hank asked as he began to walk alongside Antonio. Amy and Jay were behind them.

"Name's Aaron McIntire. He's in the wind. No eyewitnesses. Don't count on anyone coming out of the woodwork down here."

"The sedan came back stolen," Jay told them as they came to a stop.

Antonio looked over at him. "What? You've done this before?" He joked.

"Detective?" A man approached Antonio, handing him something. "Found these in the cab of the truck. Crystal meth looks like."

Antonio looked at the item. "No. These are Jesus Malverde crystals. Patron saint of Mexican drug dealers. They carry them to ward off evil. Could've fallen out of someone's pocket."

"All right, so it's a truck-jacking gone bad," Hank commented. He turned to the forensic guy. "You checked the container?"

"Uh, we were waiting on you guys. There's a smuggler's lock on the door."

They started making their way back to where Alvin stood. "This kid's in the gang database, Darius Gifford. He's with the Ganger Disciples. I'm guessing his buddy's in it too."

"It's a long way from home," Antonio stated. "I mean, this is Vice Lord territory. You got an LKA?"

"Yeah, in public housing in the Deuce."

"All right, we'll roll there," Amy told them, referring to herself and Jay. "We'll notify the family."

Antonio nodded. "All right."

When Amy and Jay find the place, he pounds on the door. "Who's there?" A voice asked from inside.

"Police," Jay responded. "Can you open up?"

The door unlocked and opened, revealing a girl. She glanced between the two adults in front of her. "Can I see a badge, please?"

Amy nodded. "Yeah." She showed her police badge to the girl, and Jay did the same. "Here you go."

"I'm Jay, and this is Amy. What's your name?"

The girl didn't seem phased by the fact that two officers were standing at her door. "I'm Denise."

"Denise, is anybody home with you right now?" Amy asked.

Denise shook her head. "Does Darius Gifford live here?" Jay then asked.