6

Jennifer's pov
I sit at their graves and wipe the dirt and grime off and remove the leaves from the top of it. I tell Ez and angel "you can go now. I bet you have somewhere to go" between the Mayans, the cartel looking for that bitches son, and the rebels we haven't had time together. And I know we're not. Not how we used to. "Nah. Bein here with you is more important mi amor. We told the club that if we found you that we're not available to them for as long as you need us" need. I don't need them. I want and love them, absolutely. But I don't need someone else. Needing another person just leaves you open for pain. Something I learned from my father. I needed him. My mother just died. In front of me nonetheless. We were in the middle of a conversation when it happened. She signed a DNR so there was nothing to do. I needed him to tell me we'll make it through and that we'll be okay. I needed my father. And instead of being there he took his own life leaving me to find him in our living room. And now them? They've been lying to me, they're lying to the club, they've left me to wonder if they were even alive or not. I was worried because I love them. Not because I need them, needing another person is a damaging thing. "Go to work. I'm fine here" I tell them.

EZ asks "you really think we're gonna leave you when you're like this?" "Like what? What am I like EZ? Go on. Tell me" I huff. "You're upset, at us, at what day it is, you're brushing off the fact that you're sick." He sighs. He adds "we want to be here for and with you like we are every year" I stand and kiss the headstones knowing there's nothing I need or want to say to my mother who died too soon and my father who took his life selfishly. I was only 13. Left alone. I don't have any other relatives just them. Filipe took me in. They ask "where are you going?" I shrug and get in my car and yawn. Angel sighs "please let us call one of the guys to drive the car atleast? Get on one of our bikes and we'll take you wherever you want to go" I huff "why can't you accept that I want to be alone? Just let me be alone" Ez says "because we love you and we're worried about you. Let us take care of you" they know I won't. "I said I'm fine and I want to be alone. Just let me be. Go see those rebels. I don't care. Just go" starting the car and angel says "princessa-" I ask Angel "how long have you been lying to me and hiding this angel?" Having late nights is one thing. It happens more often then not. But lying as to why is what hurts. Makes me wonder what else he's lying to me about. Is there anything else? "Jen" he sighs and I ask "is there anything else you're hiding from me?" "Since a little bit before E got home. I was doing what I thought was right by you keeping it away from you. I was wrong baby and I'm sorry okay?" He replies.

I reply "if I get taken because someone finds out I'd rather not be blindsided and wonder what the fuck you've done for me to end up in that situation!"  He sighs "I know and I didn't think of that just you not knowing and in the meantime keeping you safe and away from all of this" "you should know there isn't a way for that angel" I huff. I ask "can I be alone now?"

Angel says "no. We don't do that. We don't just walk away! We fight! And we fight until we get tired of that shit and fuck our anger away and love Jen!" He tells me "now that that has your attention, please forgive us. We love you and I made a stupid decision. Please let us take care of you." I tell him "I don't need to be taken care of I'm fine!" "Yeah really? Is that what you're telling yourself you're tired and pale and losin weight like crazy. That's not okay" angel sighs. I repeat "I'm fine" start the engine and drive to Pops.