10

EZ's pov
This isn't good. At all. She's done with us which breaks my heart because losing her is like losing a large part of myself. I should've told her. I know that. But I never sat and covered for angel. I was telling him to tell her. He cut Adelita off in that sense and then she came saying she was having his kid. I beat the shit outta angel. How could he? After everything she's done for us. With us. Because of us. Trust me I want to be a father too. Only if she's the mother of that child. She's it for me. I thought Angel thought that way too.

I beat angels ass when I found out about them to begin with. He still has a split lip and eyebrow to prove it. I'm not losing her because of his fuck up. I can't lose her. If I lose her then what I'm doing to remain free is for nothing. Snitching on the cartel. I get dirt on them and I continue to be free. I only took the deal so I can truly be with her and not have her come see me rot for the next 17 years. I know she would've never let me let her go even if it hurt me to try and do so.

"Family of Jennifer Diaz?" A voice rings and we stand and my father says coming up "I came as soon as I heard" "she's okay" the doctor starts and we sigh in relief. "Too much stress will make the cancer tire her out" white noise. I say "I'm sorry the what?" Freezing. She can't...right? It all makes sense now. Her weight loss, her sleepiness, loss of appetite and energy. Her dizzy spells. The napkin that I thought had blood on it...actually did have blood on it. How long has she known she was sick?

"The cancer? Stage 3 leukemia? She and the baby are okay. We are talking about the same person right?" The doctor says. "Baby?" We ask. Pops speaks up "she didn't tell them yet" "oh...I'm sorry" the doctor says. She's pregnant and has stage 3 leukemia. "Pops you knew?" Angel asks. "Yes. I was the one who took her to the hospital to get checked in the first place not that you'd have known you've been cheating on her" he snaps at him. He sighs "I made a mistake" "one you'll have to pay for good luck on trying to get her to forgive you because we both know what betrayal means to her" he says and we're told we can see her. She's sleeping peacefully. She's carrying one of our child. Or both. If it's not mine I'd love it just as much as I would if it is. She opens her eyes and groans "what are you doing here?" Looking at us. "You fainted mi" angel starts "I'm not your anything angel. Not anymore" she says. "Jen please-" he begs she shakes her head "no" "when did you find out?" I ask gently. She asks "what did they tell you?" "About you having cancer and having a baby" I answer. "Today" she answers. "Where you ever going to tell us" angel asks. "Why would I tell you?" She huffs "because I'm that baby's father and so is EZ" he replies "angel she doesn't need to argue right now. You heard what the doctor said. She needs to relax and not stress" I warn. "This baby is mine angel. Mine. Why would I want you to have anything to do with him or her when you cheated? Got another woman pregnant because what? You just couldn't wait for the possibility and Opportunity to be a father anymore? You easily replaced us and you didn't even know there was one." She replies. "It ain't like that Jen" "what was it like angel? Hm? Tell me? Did you fall out of love with me and you just couldn't face me and say it? Tired of waiting? You claim to love me but don't believe you. I don't. Not anymore." He says "I know it's not an excuse. But I had a rough day and we still had to go see and deal with them and drinks started pouring. It was one night. It meant shit to me. I've been swallowing guilt ever since and I know I shoulda told you. But I can't lose you. It's why I didn't say anything and Ez ain't to blame for this. He beat my ass for it and the pregnancy. He kept telling me to tell you. He didn't tell you because he thought it should come from me and it should have. And I'm sorry it didnt"

She moves so we're not touching her "please just go. Take your stuff from the house and go" I say "Jen you have stage 3 cancer and are carrying our kid. We're not going" "why can't you just respect my wishes?" She questions and angel says "because you're very sick. And we love you and want to be here. Please" she says "you should've been here before but you weren't. She was more important. Lying and hiding was more important. Cheating was more important to you. I need you to leave me." Pops speaks "you're stressing her more. She don't need that right now sons. I'll make sure she gets home and takes care of herself and gets what need be done but right now you should respect her wishes" I nod and kiss her temple "I'm sorry querida. I should've just told you but I never once covered his ass. I wouldn't do that to you. I love you" she wipes a tear and says "time" I nod and make angel leave with me. But we don't leave he hospital we stay where we are outside her room.